My 2 cents

borrie
borrie Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
This is my opinion (which is no more or less valid than anyone else’s)

I’m on day 662.

My current goal is to upgrade my 4s to a usable level .

I have all 2* & 3* characters with maximum covers (& 65% of these are championed)

My main problem is – I am no longer having fun.

I put as much time as I can in the game, with my main goals of earning CPs or levelling up un- championed 3*s (to get the LT)

I seem to work so hard to get enough CPs for a Legendary pick or get that 3* to 166 (plus 7500iso) to receive the LT.

Then my LT gives me a cover in something I cannot use (one of the three 5 cover 4* colours I have) or TATH.
BOOOOOOO!

I bought the VIP pack and got exactly that – 2 worthless 4* covers. (the LTs were my only reason for purchasing)
If I have spent 2 weeks upgrading that 3* to 166 and then get an unusable cover – it feels like I have just wasted my time and should start looking for the next game.
I have played other F2P games and spent my money on the games that I have found fun to play.
When their game mechanics didn’t account for the progression of players to higher levels and still provide a proportional reward – they became too grindy and no fun – so I stopped.

I have 28/36 4*s (I would only say that 5 of them are currently usable with my maxed 3*s)
I have 4/7 5*s (I don’t find them useful with only 1 colour)

An LT draw Classic gives 1 chance in 114 (0.87%) for a particular cover (of the 38 characters in the draw)
So when one of the three covers I cannot use comes up (2.63% probability) multiple times then I feel I am wasting my time

And due to the continually expanding 4*& 5* roster list these % are decreasing and the chance to getting that blue Ant Man cover or red Professor X seems to be vanishing into the mist.

To progress I need CPs or LTs.
I have given up on PvE (too boring or too hard )
PvP is too hard to progress past a couple of levels (it would probably help if I got rid of the 5*s - but I don’t want to)
VIP – it’s value is entirely based on the outcome of the LT draw. I got duds so I don’t intend to throw more good money after bad.

Reward for Effort
PvE - the 25CPs is only achievable with the updated mission difficulty
Critical Boosts are NOT an acceptable reward ESPECIALLY on the higher difficulty PvE encounters.
4* covers = 1000iso ****!!! Add a couple of zeros and this might reflect the effort.
DeadPool’s Daily is the only PvE which offers anything close to an acceptable Reward for Effort.
Why is Crash of the Titans only held every 5 days? It takes 6 months to work through the current roster and low level 4*s don’t stand a chance.

When changes are made to make this game fun for me again, then I will begin spending money on it once more.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm with you on this. I'm at 700 days, and I keep having available time to play the game, but just no motivation, so I end up playing something else.

I've beaten each level hundreds of times at this point, and the rewards get smaller and smaller. It's a lot of effort to win cp and LTs, and most of the time, they end up being worthless. 1000 is too small of a reward for all that work.

Although I did end up winning a 5* with my second VIP LT, so I happen to have liked it better than you did icon_rolleyes.gif Although I would've felt the same way if RNG had been less kind.
  • reb1rth
    reb1rth Posts: 4
    ive only been playing for about 100 days or so but have already lost interest in playing more then casually. I keep sticking around hoping for events like Civil War or any new game mode, but no luck. I have only been excited to play this game three times in 3 months (1 gauntlet, 2 cw) 3 times in 3 months in pretty unacceptable in a game where the developers are asking the players for a lot of money to continue to play. Ive spent thousands in games like Game of War and Clash of Clans and am financially secure enough to "blow" money on games. Unfortunately, I have not spent money on this game since Civil War because of the pointlessness of it. Why not atleast create more options to spend money? IE: 75th anniversary pack with like 1 color of each peggy and some random tokens, iso, and stuff and sell it for 19.99. That atleast would feel like the purchase may not be in vane.