To everyone who "knew" we were having a sale

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Every time we come up to a major US holiday the rumors start swirling about a sale.
For nearly two years those rumors have been wrong. There seems to be only two sales per year one associated with the anniversary and one at the end of the year.
Even if you went by last year on July 4th we had a special vault and no sale. Sound familiar?

For the last four days I have seen numerous people who claim to be "in the know"; know nothing as they kept insisting the sale was starting any minute now.

These are people who should know better but in some misguided attempt to seem knowledgeable they spun their nonsense based on flimsy or no evidence.

Now people are disappointed because they somehow think the devs took something away from them that these "in the know" "knew" was coming.

If people want to be angry be angry at the jerks who spread this they are the ones who led to your disappointment.

Come back and read this as we approach Labor Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving I am sure the same people will be trying to look like they are "in the know" again.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look, don't you try to tell me we're not having an Arbor Day sale next year.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    St. Georges day, St. Andrews day, St. David's day and St. Patrick's sale incoming. Trust me I know a guy whose cousins girlfriends brother works in the same street that D3 does.
  • Uninspired
    Uninspired Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    DayvBang wrote:
    Look, don't you try to tell me we're not having an Arbor Day sale next year.

Now that you mention it, why don't we all get a free Rocket and Groot cover on Arbor day?
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    sale? who cares.

this game aint getting another dime of my money. it takes way too much to get anything worthwhile.

just one mans opinion.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    This is the first I have heard about a supposedly rumored sale.

Regardless, the nature of this topic seems childish. I feel like it boils down to nothing more than "Haha I was right, look at those fools that don't know any better"
  • I bought two Starks salaries in the last week but I'll never spend any penny on this game, today's DDQ and how they intentionally made it extra hard left a bad taste.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I bought two Starks salaries in the last week but I'll never spend any penny on this game, today's DDQ and how they intentionally made it extra hard left a bad taste.

Today's DDQ was no more or less difficult than any other. In the words of my favorite kindergarten copy - stop whining! You lack discipline!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Those Ultron bots, if unchecked, can grab up to about 15 ap of each color. lol.

Imagine a typical 3* player, with no "forum knowledge," and a bad board...........
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DDQ did give me a bit of trouble today. Ultron Sentries followed by Muscle, then Ninjas/Muscle, then a 3* wave is not a nice combo.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we need an Earth Day sale. Because Earth Day is every day. icon_cool.gif