Matches started just before timer ends?

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Do matches that start before the tournament timer ends count? I was at approx 240 pts with 1 minute to go in a lightning round, started a 20 point match, and then finished it about 5 mins later. The screen came up showing my points were 258, but I never got the 250 point threshold award (I think it's a pack token)?
Do those matches not count if they don't FINISH by time?

Comments

• I just had the exact same thing happen (got 250 points, didn't get the 250 reward). I assume you have to finish on time.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Sort of. The server starts calculating rewards the second the Tourney is up. Depending on the number of users playing, that can take a bit. It's possible to squeeze in an extra match in that little time between when the query starts and it hits your particular entry, but it's not reliable.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Sort of. The server starts calculating rewards the second the Tourney is up. Depending on the number of users playing, that can take a bit. It's possible to squeeze in an extra match in that little time between when the query starts and it hits your particular entry, but it's not reliable.

So if I understand you correctly, it's really not that useful to start a match when the timer says <1 minute cause if you don't finish, it doesn't matter
  • Can we see a change in this system then? It makes sense to calculate the rank based rewards on the dot, but the tiered rewards should still be given if you hit the points right after the tourney round ends...
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Acrosonic wrote:
    So if I understand you correctly, it's really not that useful to start a match when the timer says <1 minute cause if you don't finish, it doesn't matter
    You're racing against the (CPU) clock at that point and you'll probably lose.
  • good to finally get an answer to this.. not gonna stop me from hitting <1 min though icon_lol.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Acrosonic wrote:
    You're racing against the (CPU) clock at that point and you'll probably lose.

You underestimate our determination to get rewards icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks for clarifying it, I was under assumption the game waits for all matches to be finished. Guess I was wrong icon_e_smile.gif
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    good to finally get an answer to this.. not gonna stop me from hitting <1 min though icon_lol.gif

in this juggernaut tournament, using boosts, i killed someone off in like 30 seconds. headbutt, green clear, red cascade into headbutting another opponent and then pretty much over