Devil Dino gets free ISO when leveling?

Options
Dayv
Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
So for a long time, Devil Dino cost about 80% less than other 4* to level.

A few months ago, people on the forum began to complain that his total price to level had gone up, and he now costs more to level than other 4*.

I was wondering if the increased cost had gone away, because I have a perverse desire to champion him before the next anniversary season.

I took a look at his leveling costs, and noticed I had him partially leveled between 184 and 185. I never do that. No biggie, I'll just level him to 185. Did so, and instead of starting at ISO, he had a few hundred ISO invested again. So I tried it again. Same deal.

Then I did it two more times, and took screenshots immediately after each level:
v8XOkLF.png

MZd6NXe.png

What the heck is going on here?

Both levels start out with "free" ISO. Both levels have the same cost of 2148 ISO to reach the next level, but level 186 starts out with more "free" ISO than level 187 does.

I've verified that another player sees the same thing.

Questions! I have them!
  • Is this working as intended?
  • Do you lose this bonus ISO if you use the "level to max" button?
  • What's Devil Dino's real cost to level?
  • Anybody have a fully covered level 70 Devil Dino and feel like leveling them 196 times while taking notes, in the name of science?

The per-level costs, not including bonus ISO, do seem to be in line with those of other 4* characters, at least for the couple levels I'm looking at right now: http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Iso_costs

Comments

• Dayv
    Options
    Per my screenshot, the cost to level him from 187 to 218 is 103980.

I just added up the costs to level per the Wikia page linked above, and they come to 84747.

This TinyKitty is weirding my day. Mad weirding.
  • Dayv
    Options
    So right now, it looks like if you level Devil Dino the slow way, it's discounted, but if you do it the fast way, it costs extra!

Did the bonus ISO get added to instead of subtracted from the one-press cost?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As another person planning on champing him during anniversary - this stuff is all good to know. And answers would be good to know!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any news here? Folks are going to start leveling him soon (Septemberish for the mid-October events).

I just thought of it again when I passed enough ISO to max him, and looked at similar characters.

210 Fury: 212982 ISO to 270
    220 Dino: 219093 ISO to 270

If nothing else, I'd like him fixed so I can quickly glance over and know what the 220->270 number actually is!
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    That is interesting. Were you able to see whether or not the bonus iso was subtracted from your total iso stockpile. My theory is, instead of giving you bonus iso after each level, it just forced you to put x amount of iso into the next level?
  • Dayv
    Options
    dsds wrote:
    That is interesting. Were you able to see whether or not the bonus iso was subtracted from your total iso stockpile. My theory is, instead of giving you bonus iso after each level, it just forced you to put x amount of iso into the next level?
    I was pretty sure it was not stealing my ISO, so I just added another level (190 -> 191) -- next level started at 390/2342, and that 390 was *not* subtracted from my total.

It definitely looks to me like he gets bonus ISO per level, but something is off with calculating his total cost to level with the one-click button.