The Original(?) Lord of the Hoard returns! Season XXVIII!

El Satanno
El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I might not be the first guy to do it, but I sure as hell am the most consistent! And since I've started several more have popped up around here. We grow in number! So here's what I got this season. I had saved my Legendary Tokens and a couple 10-packs from last season, so there are more of those than usual. I've also changed my strategy when opening and used whatever rewards I got from championing immediately, so there may be some minor discrepancies. I've tried to correct for those as best I could. As always, only the significant pulls (3* and up) have been recorded. One more important note for those paying close attention: I've grouped together the multiple covers for ease of reading. Unless noted, they were not pulled at the same time.

Anyway, this time around I don't even care if I get hosed by sudden reversals of stated policy like last time! Yeah! It was that good! On with the show!

The hoard:
  • 255 silver tokens
  • 5 Heroic 10-packs
  • 139 mixed gold tokens
  • 20 Legendary Tokens
  • 693 Command Points

The pulls:
Silver tokens
Bullseye (purple x2)
Scarlet Witch (blue)

Heroic tokens (37 +5 post-hoard)
Spider-Gwen (red, very first pull!)
Kamala Khan (yellow x3!)
Rocket & Groot (yellow, green)
Venom (green)
Captain America (blue)
Luke Cage (yellow)
Drax (black)
Quicksilver (black)
Blade (purple)
Spider-Man (purple)

Heroic 10-packs (5)
Thing (yellow), Sentry (red), She-Hulk (blue)
Captain America (yellow), Spider-Gwen (red), Quake (yellow), Rulk (red), Loser Hulk (green), Deadpool (black), Beast (blue), Vision (yellow) (No joke, that actually happened!)
Hood (blue), Beast (yellow), Captain Marvel (red)
Squirrel Girl (purple)
Mystique (blue), Spider-Man (blue)

Unstable Iso-8 (5)
Blade (purple)
Kamala Khan (green)

Simulator (5)
Magneto (red)

The Hunt (6)
Elektra's worthless **** (black)
Thor (blue)

Nefarious Foes (3)
Human Torch (red)

Smash Hit (3)
Thor (red)

Identity Theft (3)
Black Panther (black)

Predator & Prey (3)
Squirrel Girl (yellow)

Red Shift (3)
Ragnarok (green)

Children of the Atom (3)
Ragnarok (green)
Carnage (green)

Hard Nock Life (3)
Deadpool (black)
Blade (green)

Thick as Thieves (7, vault)
Patch (green)
Magneto (blue)
Legendary Token

Enemy of the State (12, vault)
Storm (green)
Captain Marvel (red)
Bullseye (purple)
Ragnarok (blue)

Simulator (6, vault)
Vision (blue)
Legendary Token

Venom Bomb (7, vault)
Legendary Token
Mystique (blue)

Legendary Tokens (25 +4 post-hoard)
War Machine (red)
Ant-Man (yellow x2, purple)
Nick Fury (blue x3)
Baglady (blue)
Mr Sucktastic (yellow)
Loser Hulk (black x2, green)
Iron Man 46 (blue, red)
Star-Turd (purple)
Captain America (blue x2)
Elektra's worthless **** (black)
Miles Morales (red)
Jean Grey (purple x2)
Green Goblin (purple)
Thor (red x2)
Quake (green)
Cyclops (yellow)
Punisher (green)
Iceman (purple)
Wolverine (black)

Classic Legendary Proto-tokens (36 pulls including reward CP)
Nova (yellow)
Ant-Man (blue, yellow x2, purple)
Wolverine (yellow)
Jean Grey (green)
Elektra's worthless **** (black x2)
Quake (green)
X-23 (green)
Winter Soldier (red, blue, purple)
Rulk (red)
Phoenix (green x2)
Old Man Logan (red)
Faptain (blue, red - in a row)
Venom (yellow)
War Machine (red x2, blue)
Thor (blue)
Drax (black x2)
Hulkbuster (black)
Spider-Man (purple)
Deadpool (purple)
Spider-Gwen (yellow)
Cyclops (blue)
Carnage (black)
Silver Surfer (black, red)
Thing (red)
Punisher (blue)

Total Iso from cover sales and champion rewards: 129,170 (I have a feeling my calculations are way off here)
5* pull rate: 16.9%

Observations and (purely subjective) conclusions:
  1. Let's get the obvious part out of the way first: I got my 13th Logan cover, and nothing else really matters. This is both wonderful and depressing. One of my alliance mates' (CapnZak, if you must know) response was literally "Hey, that's great. What are you going to do now that you have nothing more to work towards?" And you know what? He's right! While it is debatable whether Logan is overpowered or not, there is absolutely no denying his ubiquity. Someone else here tracked how often Logan shows up in queues and it's some obscene percentage like the high 80's or some such. That's more than a bit telling. So now I get to enjoy having this monster champion, but everything else just got even less shiny.
  2. Speaking of less shiny, those two green Phoenix covers were number 11 and 12, which is plenty dope. Not quite as dope as the 13th Logan cover but you know... I'm debating saving the Command Points to buy the 13th much like I was going to do for Logan if I hadn't pulled it. Meanwhile, I got the 13th Surfer in that red (and threw out another black, by the way) and I have exactly zero desire to put any Iso into him. Unacceptable.
  3. I'm cruising comfortably above that new 15% pull rate. No complaints there. Almost enough to make me forget how badly I felt cheated by that rate being launched less than a week after I had torn into last season's hoard. Were it not for that final Logan cover, I'd still be pretty upset. (Noticing a trend with the Logan?)
  4. Funny thing, my garbage 4* pull rate is almost the same as my 5* pull rate. Of the 4* pulls I got, 16.4% were of the ****-level variety. Frickin' Loser Hulk and Elektra's worthless **** were stalking me! You're only on my roster because of your Super Taco nodes, you losers! You're not getting any more of my damn Iso than is absolutely necessary, you damn losers!
  5. Can you believe that second 10-pack? Seriously! That really did happen! My eyes almost popped out of my damn head. They're only champ levels and garbage (I'm looking at you, Loser Hulk) but eight pulls, and four four-stars?! Mental!

And as always, I will close with my same sad refrain:
  • There is no reason for characters as bad as Elektra and Loser Hulk et al to exist when they are so hard to acquire and expensive to level. Revise their powers, lower their star-rating, do whatever you have to, just stop punishing us with these horrid excuses for 4* characters!
  • It continues to be an unacceptable embarrassment that Silver Surfer is as bad as he is in comparison to his peers. Under no circumstances is it tolerable that seeing one of those purple images should produce disappointment or even anger. Rework him!

EDIT: CapnZak demanded recognition for his contribution. Huzzah!

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    You pulled three legendary tokens from three vaults, with 6 or 7 tokens for each vault?
  • El Satanno
    You pulled three legendary tokens from three vaults, with 6 or 7 tokens for each vault?

That is correct sir. Dead vaults as well, so it's not like the odds became any better as I went along. Tough to believe, isn't it? I swear to you it is the unembellished truth.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Blessed are you in the eyes of the RNG. He leadeth you to Old Man Logan even as he delivers Turd Hulk unto you. His Phoenixes and Goblins enrich you....
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice!

I dont think maxing OML is the end, now you can work towards GG and IM46, they are really strong, they might even be more strong than OML, and definitely more fun icon_e_wink.gif

At least thise two will be my main objective when I can pull my last OML cover (black or yellow) and my last PH (just purple :S).

I agree completely with SS, he is rubbish. I also have him maxed, and I just recently pulled my 14th cover. It is really sad having to sell a cover of a 5 when it could be champed just because he is completely useless and it is not worth wasting any iso into him. HE SHOULD BE BUFFED/REWORKED ASAP !!!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I think once you actually do max out OML, you're going to find yourself in a matchmaking situation that makes him seem not nearly as important as he has been up to now. (Still ludicrous in PvE of course, but he has actual counters in PvP-land.)
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Nice!

I dont think maxing OML is the end, now you can work towards GG and IM46, they are really strong, they might even be more strong than OML, and definitely more fun icon_e_wink.gif

At least thise two will be my main objective when I can pull my last OML cover (black or yellow) and my last PH (just purple :S).

I agree completely with SS, he is rubbish. I also have him maxed, and I just recently pulled my 14th cover. It is really sad having to sell a cover of a 5 when it could be champed just because he is completely useless and it is not worth wasting any iso into him. HE SHOULD BE BUFFED/REWORKED ASAP !!!

I actually think GG is better than oml. Oml is great for saving health packs in pve but he's pretty much a passive character due to his high costs. He can also be countered by BSS (who is not nearly as bad as everyone says it's hard to hit someone who is constantly invisible )

GG and his purple power is pretty devasting even at low covers
  • El Satanno
    I actually think GG is better than oml. Oml is great for saving health packs in pve but he's pretty much a passive character due to his high costs.

I've heard the same. With only one cover on him, I won't be finding out any time soon, if ever. That said, Logan is passive mostly, but once he goes active it's kinda hard to lose. Anyway, we'll see.
  • Polares
    Well this weekend I have just pulled my 12 OML cover and my 13 PH!!!

I have levelled my PH just a little bit because I had just 1 purple until recently and I was afraid of destroying my scaling but I guess it is time to level her to 450 so I can respec her (mine is 5/3/5 and I want to change to 3/5/5-PvP or 5/4/4-PvE).

After pulling this PH, I dont know if I am happy or not. I guess with a team of 450+435 it will be easier to get to 1300+ in PvP, but I am afraid I will ruin my PvE experience. Are done my days of playing with 4s?
  • El Satanno
    Polares wrote:

I have levelled my PH just a little bit because I had just 1 purple until recently and I was afraid of destroying my scaling but I guess it is time to level her to 450 so I can respec her (mine is 5/3/5 and I want to change to 3/5/5-PvP or 5/4/4-PvE).

After pulling this PH, I dont know if I am happy or not. I guess with a team of 450+435 it will be easier to get to 1300+ in PvP, but I am afraid I will ruin my PvE experience. Are done my days of playing with 4s?

Congrats on your pulls, mate! With those two characters leveled to 400-ish you can basically sleepwalk to 1300. As for Story, what's to ruin? It's already a horrible, un-fun grindfest! You may as well be able to stomp all over the nodes with grossly overpowered 5* characters.
  • Polares
    El Satanno wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Congrats on your pulls, mate! With those two characters leveled to 400-ish you can basically sleepwalk to 1300. As for Story, what's to ruin? It's already a horrible, un-fun grindfest! You may as well be able to stomp all over the nodes with grossly overpowered 5* characters.

The problem is in the new PvE format were nodes have uncapped difficulty levels, and enemies can easily get to 400+ level. Some stories in the last test were horrible.

I still play PvE a lot, for the CPs, and for top20 when they release new 4s. I don't want to fight 450 level muscles+Hood :S :S :S

PS: And thanxs, at long last I will be able to max PH and respec her!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif