Awesome job Demi.....

IamTheDanger
IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I got the new Peggy at 1-1-1. I've had a chance to use her a bit and have come to the conclusion that Demiurge did a really great job here. I mean excellent work all around. Peggy's animations are really good and her powers are great and effective. I enjoyed using her. Once with Steve Rogers and Falcap just for fun. Shields were flying all over the place.
icon_spiderman.png "That thing does not obey the laws of physics. AT ALL"! icon_spiderman.png
Regardlesss of how others may feel, (as I've heard mixed feelings about Peggy), I think she will be very useful and I predict I'll be using this character a lot in the future. Plan to try her with Hood. Peggy yellow and Hood blue look like a good combo. Might even toss in Starlord. icon_lol.gif

I was also told that Peggy Carter was something that Demiurge did completely on their own and then Marvel loved it.

Either way, I'd like to thank Demiurge and compliment them on an exceptionally well done job here. Players are quick to say when a character isn't very good, ie. Cho, Bagman, Reed, etc. icon_cry.gif .... So it's only fair that we praise them for the good ones.

So to Demiurge, awesome work on Peggy. Keep up the good work. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I agree.
    On the current event where you can use her almost full I have a good expierience of using her. For fun i just match only her color and use only her abilities, so i think she can down many teams without allies.
    She is good. I like to have it in my Rooster and afraid to meet her in PVE and PVP.
    Thanks.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate the existence of this thread because I didn't get a Peggy.

Instead, I get to have a Sentry on my roster. Boo.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Yup, great character.

Only problem I've had is that whenever I get enough AP for her blue there is only one opponent left icon_e_smile.gif
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that this was introduced after the show got cancelled and she died in Civil War?

No?

Just me?

... I'll be in my corner.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that this was introduced after the show got cancelled and she died in Civil War?

No?

Just me?

... I'll be in my corner.
    All the more reason to add her while people remember her.
    She must have been almost 100 years old when she died, it's not like there's much she could add to the present-day Movies. It would have been awesome if Hayley Atwell had also been cast as Sharon Carter though...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please use the event thread for discussion on placement and points, this thread is about the actual character. The posts moved can be found using the link below

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=46534
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    I think she is going to be a cancer to the game once people start getting her fully covered. The only thing that will stop her from being everywhere is that 5*'s exist.

I'm not sure if they will nerf her or not considering that people at the ultra high end wont actually be using her. But for all of us smucks caught in the 4* transisition it's going to be horrible...

That's my prediction at least.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Cascad wrote:
    I agree.
    On the current event where you can use her almost full I have a good expierience of using her. For fun i just match only her color and use only her abilities, so i think she can down many teams without allies.
    She is good. I like to have it in my Rooster and afraid to meet her in PVE and PVP.
    Thanks.

That poor rooster.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Players are quick to say when a character isn't very good, ie. Cho, Bagman, Reed, etc. icon_cry.gif .... So it's only fair that we praise them for the good ones.

Always with the vilifying of the playerbase.

Literally, EVERYONE is singing their praises and saying how amazing Peg looks and handles, not to mention how badly they want Marvel to a full fledged storyline based in "What-If" or an alternate universe.

Other than some rather choose minded / sexist remarks, people are extremely happy with this latest creation. And they've been VERY verbal about it.

On a personal note, I hope that THE REAL Peggy will be added, eventually. She's an amazing character, in her own right ( without having to take up the mantle of a man lol ). I've wanted her for a long time, now. And Sharon. And Coulson. Ever if they are all just 1*s or 2*s.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously, I want to use Peggy all the time just to see that nice yellow animation at the start of every battle...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Seriously, I want to use Peggy all the time just to see that nice yellow animation at the start of every battle...
    was a very nice touch. and the screen didn't shake all over the place. awesome! lol
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    I only got the 1 blue cover on mine. However, the loaner node Peggy is quite solid! Animations and abilities both look and feel great. icon_e_smile.gif Especially like her blue shield toss and cd tiles.

As to whether she will be nerfed, I think there's enough 'op' all around that she won't break the game. Making stuff cost more as a passive is certainly strong, but has its limits.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I certainly have heard lots of praise for Peggy! To bad the only way to get specific 4*'s is practically through RNG - the pool is so diluted now there is no hope to max them through the PVP 1K rewards anymore, and the 3*'s don't help out with any of these new ones. I'd like to be able to get her covers and level her and try her out! Maybe next year.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's hoping her PvP cover is (randomly chosen icon_rolleyes.gif ) the yellow one.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finished 12th in the Unstable event, but I am still pretty happy with my 0/1/1 Peggy. Even at "just" a 2 AP increase in enemy AP costs it makes a pretty big difference. I can imagine a x/5/x Peggy being a pretty big deterrent on defense for any non-5*-maxed team.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll get on the bandwagon...mostly.

I just jumped into the Deadpool event and used Peggy in the loaner node. For starters, I love her animations. I really dig the opening pose, like "Hey suckers, enjoy more AP for your powers!" Her blue is fantastic as well. With some strikes out there, it's a real mess for the opposing team.

That said, she seems to me to be overpowered...for her yellow and blue. icon_razz.gif At 5 covers that yellow is broken as hell. The blue perhaps less so, although a double stun with damage kicker is pretty hefty. Whatever the case, she's gotta be the new queen of the 4* tier for the yellow alone. Hell, I'm thinking about making her my third and I run 5* characters. That yellow, man...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still hate this stupid thread. Even more so now that the loaner is in DvMPQ to play with.

I WANT A PEGGY DAMNIT

How long should I be hoarding Heroic/Legendary tokens before a non-vault opportunity arises? An entire season?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay! If I have to have 2 covers, blue and yellow are the ones I want.
  • SnowcaTT
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-has-it-taken ... 1783052164

Gawker editor likes the MPQ Peggy. Nice to see the props out there on other sites.
  • SnowcaTT
    edited July 2016
    I don't know how this got here (double post, delay?) - can't seem to delete