"Thanks for doing PVE. Here's 1000 ISO."

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I know that I should just get over myself, but it's still frustrating to kick butt on PVE for 3 to 7 days straight and win 25 cp, for it to only turn out to be a cover I can't use currently that I must sell for a measly 1000 iso. It's really very frustrating and insulting.

And I know it's RNG and of course I'm not expecting to win OML every time, but I wish there was a happy medium between the highs of winning an awesome 5*, a 4* I've already championed or a 4* that I can roster or use to train a power of an existing 4*

vs

The low lows of either winning a 6th cover of a color you already have 5 covers of, or a 14th cover of a character you already have at 13 covers but nowhere near being able to champion in time (perhaps you already have a few such covers for different non-championed 13-cover characters already sitting in your queue).

There should be something to make it better. Either you can sell the cover for more ISO, or you get an additional cp, or there's a strike-breaker at some point where you're guaranteed to win a 5* if you open up enough 4*s. Anything would be appreciated.

Comments

• waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in the same boat.

Was excited to make progression and open my Legendary and saw it was Iceman! Iceman is great... except when you get a 6th blue for an Iceman that's 1/5/0. Ah well, it's RNG - I realize that, but replacing the top progression reward in new character events with the new character would be awesome.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    The sale values for 5* and 4* (and even 3*s) are beyond insulting. We need more ISO and the sale prices for covers should reflect their rarity more closely. My proposal:

1* = 100 is fine since they drop like rain
    2* = 250 is still fine, although 500 would help
    3* = 1000 would be a more appropriate value here
    4* = 5000, as this would lessen OP's frustration a bit
    5* = 10,000+ as no one really wants to sell a 5*, but it is the best reward in the game, and 10,000 ISO is really just 3-4 levels on your higher-leveled characters.

The current format that basically doubles the value of each higher tiered cover from 250 to 500 to 1000 to 2000 is horrible.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is why I am currently trying to max all my fourstar characters. I am up to 21 out of 33 so far (and many of the remaining don't have 13 covers yet), so already the odds of getting a cover I cannot use are pretty low. Also, the champion rewards for fourstars are pretty nice.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The simple solution that I've advocated before is that a cover should be able to add a level to a cover-maxed but not level-maxed character.

That way you still get more that the base price for it, but it's not some overly complicated system to implement.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    Yep. My last draw was a freaking Cho Hot Dog Stand. Silver lining: it served as an amazing reminder to never buy the VIP pack. I had been considering it, thinking, "Eh, what are the chances it will be a complete waste of money?" Asked and answered. Apparently very very high.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I just pulled a Chulk as well for my 4 days of grinding.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have a thread for these!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30058&start=780
This discussion has been closed.