Idea for 30 cp LT

zonatahunt
zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
Would any of you be willing to spend 30 cp on a classic legend if you could choose five 4*s that you could exclude from being drawn? Now that Yelena and Bagman are out of token draws, it makes me think that this might actually be a feasible mechanic that the devs could implement.

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes.

It will never happen.

That is all.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mmm just 5 4s is a very small number and 10 extra CPs is a lot. So I don't think it is a very good trade. If it was more 4s removed (10+) or 25 CPs then I think it would be a much better reward/cost proposition.

In my particular case though, I would probably say no to that too. I just max covered Nova and Quake (I neeeeed isooooo icon_razz.gif), so even though I still want some covers for other 4s, right now the only covers that matter to me are the 5 covers.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I hoped they'd do something similar - 30 CP for a thematically grouped token with two 5*s and appropriate 4*s, 10% chance of pulling a 5*. So an X-Men themed one with OML and Phoenix, an Avengers themed one with MCU Cap and IM, a "street-level" themed one with BSSM and GG.

Then I realized if you could buy a token that had a higher chance to rewarding Teen Jean, Iceman, Cyclops, XFDP, AND the only 5*s were the best two in the game, that's all anyone would buy.

So yeah, no chance.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    This would only be worth it if the additional 13.5% odds went to the 5* rate. If the bonus rate goes to 4*s and all you care about is 4* pulls then you would be a fool to spend more than 2 additional CP for this token. Your boost in odds for the characters that you want is only 13.5%, so this new token is only worth 113.5% of the current classic token or 22.7 CP.

Think of it this way - the total odds of pulling 1 of the 5 that you don't want is 13.5%. So on average you are going to have to pull 8 tokens (7.4 really) before you draw one that you don't want. So for 160 CP you can get 7 covers that you want, and 1 that you don't. With your new token you can spend 210 CP to get 7 covers that you want.....who would do that? If it were only 23 CP - just 3 additional it would still cost you 161 CP to get those 7 covers that you wanted.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I'd actually go the other way. I think there ought to be a 10 CP option that is only 4* characters (i.e. no chance for a 5*). RNG suckiness aside, I'd rather have more pulls than fewer with slightly improved odds.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The underlying point of this plan would seem to be, "Gee, we need some way to help out people who've already maxed 5*s, and are cursed by continually drawing dupes." Until they do something to fix things for people who've been totally screwed by pull rates, I'm not interested in helping out those who've been lucky on pull rates.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    At this point I think I'd pay as much as 40 for a token that only has draws for characters below 13 covers. Take 5*s out of it, take championed characters out of it, I don't really care at this point. I'm just sick of pulling covers for 4*s I've already covered but can't champion because of ISO constraints.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not that there are so many ways to get 4* covers, but LT are so far the ONLY way of getting any 5*. For this reason, I wouldn't ever choose to spend more on a LT unless the 5* rate were increased to the point that it was at least equal to the EV from the classic tokens. I can think of maybe some tiny exceptions, but they would be highly specialized tokens that greatly restrict the available 5* pulled.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    30 CP for an all 5 stars and newest 4 stars with increased odds of 5 stars

20 CP for a classic like it is now, but older 4 stars removed.

10 CP for only 4 stars except the most recently released say from the past 3 months.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Would any of you be willing to spend 30 cp on a classic legend if you could choose five 4*s that you could exclude from being drawn? Now that Yelena and Bagman are out of token draws, it makes me think that this might actually be a feasible mechanic that the devs could implement.

How about 30 CP for a token that won't give you any cover you already have at LVL 5? My 2/5/3 Nick Fury would be a 2/12/3 if there were no cover caps. icon_evil.gif

Or, since this game seems to be going heavy on the micro-transactions, how about making that a benefit for the VIPs out there? Granted, I'd save a dozen or so of the Legendary tokens before signing up for it, but that's pretty much the only way I would buy into the VIP anyway...
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    sambrookjm wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:

How about 30 CP for a token that won't give you any cover you already have at LVL 5? My 2/5/3 Nick Fury would be a 2/12/3 if there were no cover caps. icon_evil.gif

Or, since this game seems to be going heavy on the micro-transactions, how about making that a benefit for the VIPs out there? Granted, I'd save a dozen or so of the Legendary tokens before signing up for it, but that's pretty much the only way I would buy into the VIP anyway...

you could make the VIP LT's special, since you only get 2 per cycle. That way, you can't save normal LT's to use while a VIP, but instead the VIP tokens are something other than a normal LT. I have been asking for that for a while now. I don't need the VIP token to be a "rainbow"... maybe just spit out something like "if you get a 4* from your VIP token, you can apply it as normal. If you have less than 5 of that cover, it acts as normal. If you already have 5 of that cover, you still apply it like normal, but instead of affecting the cover itself, it just spits a VIP token back at you." This could act like the champ rewards in a way, just spitting out a token after you apply the new cover. Just distinguish the special cover by making it shiny or gold or something, and that luster wears off in 24 hours and turns it into a regular cover, so you can't hold onto it for 14 days in hopes of raising that cover to 5, and THEN apply the VIP version. It is a flawed idea, sure, but it's better than what we have.