Is it taking longer than ever to display PvP attacks?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Or is it JUST me?

This past week, I keep getting to just a few points away from the next progression award in PVP, only to come out of a current match being hundreds of points below that specific reward.

Now, this is nothing new and just as annoying to everyone else as ever, but in the past, the very next information screen after the progression bar would show me who it was that attacked me.

This week though, it doesn't show how I actually lost the points for several minutes. Even if I go and refresh the server by checking out the top 10 or my alliance or by even closing out the app and entering in again.......it still won't show me my attackers / how I lost my points for like 3 - 8 minutes.

Is this taking several minutes longer than usual for everyone else, or just me?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    been like that for a while for me. have to be careful because I've gotten the notification screen before the node turns red too. if that happens, entering a match can be a crapshoot because if the node is supposed to turn red, you might get the retaliation opponent instead of the selected opponent. happened to me once. had to fight through a champed 5 and got about 11 pts for it giving them a juicy retal. that was a couple months ago. its been screwy for a while to me.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    My score changes a few minutes before the attack and red node splashes on my screen.

I think the real problem is that people are attacking me!! icon_evil.gif I'm such a cool guy!! icon_cool.gif No one should ever attack me icon_e_wink.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Same here. It's made navigating the 900+ to first shield portion of my climb a real pain in the kitty. It does seem to be getting worse. I used to be able to force it to show me too, but earlier this week I could tell I got hit and it didn't display until after I finished a second match afterward.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    It is not just you. There is a significant lag between the response time of when you were hit, and the update to your node to give you the retal as well as your point total.
    This is really annoying, because sometimes you can shield and lose points, well after you were shielded.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not just you. I got into an email battle with CS over this and was told that it was unavoidable due to server lag.

The lag has got significantly worse this last few weeks
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah there always has been a slight lag but nothing it is now. Its like a murder mystery trying to work out who hut you. The only sure fire way I have found to find out if you have been hut is to exit the game and restart.

I have also been subject to the enter fight head scratch of inadvertently retaliating a hit I was non the wiser I received. Retreated once on hop and killed by a +20 champed 5 team on another occasion. Lost a heap of points on that one both on the hit and inadvertent retaliation. Plus my pride got hurt by thought of some guy laughing at me for retaliating a hit from several hundred points below.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I definitely get the server lag excuse and whatnot, but this IS STILL abnormal, even accepting of that hooey.

I have never ever EVER come out of matches to a random or surprise score. Coming out and seeing YOU WERE AUDITED BE SEVENTEEN PEOPLE", sure.

But NOT going in with 691 points, winning the match, and then my 40 points get added to my total progression bar, which now magically brings me up to a whopping 518 points.

With no explanation, whatsoever.

Even after closing out and reopening the app and clicking on the top 10 players for several minutes. lol.

• brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    whitecat31 wrote:
    It is not just you. There is a significant lag between the response time of when you were hit, and the update to your node to give you the retal as well as your point total.
    This is really annoying, because sometimes you can shield and lose points, well after you were shielded.

Which is a serious problem that has yet to be addressed. What I don't understand is why there can't be a forced sync with the servers when you attempt to purchase a shield.

When you post in a topic on these forums, you are notified of if there have been additional posts in your topic and then have the option to confirm your message. Shielding could work the same way. When you attempt to shield you are notified if you have been attacked and confirm whether you still want to buy the shield.