Constantly changing ISO costs

AceCuratola3
AceCuratola3 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
Since January 2016 I have noticed that the costs to level up characters is constantly changing. The more ISO you acquire, the more it costs to level up characters.

For example, I have 15,325 ISO
-- A lvl 145 Ant Man (4*) which cost 92,043 ISO to lvl 250.
-- A lvl 145 Deadpool (4*) which cost 92,043 ISO to lvl 229.
-- A lvl 80 The Hood (3*) which cost 91,587 ISO to max out at lvl 166.
-- A lvl 30 Bullseye (2*) which cost 65,920 ISO to max out at lvl 94.

Now, spending this ISO below on lvl 120 Captain America (4*) which cost 79,153 ISO to lvl 188 actually changes the total ISO needed on other characters.
- 643, 644, 644, 679, 698 = 3,308
-- A lvl 120 Captain America (4*) which cost 75,845 ISO to lvl 188. --- diff 3,308 (spent)

ISO remaining 12,017
-- A lvl 145 Ant Man (4*) which cost 89,310 ISO to lvl 250. --- decreased
-- A lvl 145 Deadpool (4*) which cost 89,310 ISO to lvl 229. --- decreased
-- A lvl 80 The Hood (3*) which cost 89,136 ISO to max out at lvl 166. --- decreased
-- A lvl 30 Bullseye (2*) which cost 65,920 ISO to max out at lvl 94. --- no change

If I earn ISO, either by purchasing or winning battles, these costs for each character increases.

This is a problem for anyone if you click on the button to fully upgrade a character since you could be paying the inflated ISO cost. Like I said, I noticed this back in January when I purchased ISO for multiple characters needing around 74k ISO and after purchase the number was over 85k ISO required. It wasn't until this past week as I was trying to upgrade characters to champion where I noticed they were all increasing as I gained ISO from battles.

Please advise, Thanks,

Anthony

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can a mod sticky a thread about this? It comes up a few times a month.

To answer the OP, the number on the button is the lesser of:
    the iso required to reach the hero's current maximum level

OR

your current iso plus a Mother Lode purchase of 78k iso

If you have far less iso than is required to max a hero, you'll see the number on the button go up as you acquire more and more iso. This has been around for years, and draws regular comments/complaints.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or see this thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46589&p=537242#p537242

The description by aesthetocyst might help you the most understanding what you are seeing.

KGB
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can a mod sticky a thread about this? It comes up a few times a month.
    I've considered making a meta-post of things that are frequently reported but are not actually bugs (this, confusion about Moonstone's Gravity Warp, and a couple other things), but I'm not fully convinced that people would read it before posting.
  • AceCuratola3
    AceCuratola3 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Thanks guys and BlackSheep101,

I admit that I was doing some searches for this exact situation and did not find anything, possibly due to my search criteria.

Thanks for at least telling me that I wasn't crazy, probably still open for debate though. Being an Analyst and coder, it just happens to be a bug that drives me nuts seeing as though it is just a total sum from the backend server.

Thanks,

Anthony
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can tell you it is Working As Intended. The intention just happens to differ from serving the player's interests.