Demiurge, will you reveal the total number of [data request]

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Totally Awesome Hulk champions in the game? (not counting sandboxed accounts, of course.)

The topic came up in another thread discussing the boosted characters for June 30 - July 6, 2016. My over/under is currently 100.5.

Seems like a harmless data point to share with the players. Can we get a red name response?

(shameless self-promotion: maybe we can get a response if we upvote this post enough!)

Comments

• FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Sandboxed people are people too!!!! I demand to be included! COUNT ALL THE ACCOUNTS!!!! Or don't but then there'd only be like 2 champed Chos.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Sandboxed people are people too!!!! I demand to be included! COUNT ALL THE ACCOUNTS!!!! Or don't but then there'd only be like 2 champed Chos.

I've actually seen five. Three huge whales, one somewhat smaller one, and one sad person who had Chunk as their only 4* champion, and was using him in PvP.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    What's wrong with Chulk? LOL

He can beat any 2* easy.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    What!?! I demand an investigation into those 5 accounts...even cheating it pained me to max Cho! Lol.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I've actually seen five. Three huge whales, one somewhat smaller one, and one sad person who had Chunk as their only 4* champion, and was using him in PvP.
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    What!?! I demand an investigation into those 5 accounts...even cheating it pained me to max Cho! Lol.

I think I actually know exactly which PvP one amusingfoo1 is talking about. Screenshotted it sometime last season and just posted it in another thread:

Nvz6kzB.jpg
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bossblack wrote:
    What's wrong with Chulk? LOL

He can beat any 2* easy.

True, he's so OP. Time to break out the nerfbat!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't the answer to these kind of questions always "No"?

Except for the times that they're ignored, of course.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, hell, there's 2 champed Cho's in the alliance I am in right now.

And it's a PVE alliance, not a load of whales.

From this I presume 10% of all players have Cho champed.

icon_e_wink.gif
    10% of the top 1% of course icon_e_smile.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got one max champed cho in my alliance, I'd say the member who has him fits into that top 1%
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I remember in the Sentry-era the devs released stats on the top five powers fired by players, AI opponents, & goons.

I would like to see such stats on a quarterly basis, if not monthly. I can't see how that information is a national secret. I think it would be interesting to see such stats.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:

We don't often get responses to specific requests like this, but we did get a lot of detail on the feedback on the last PvE test.

It seems like a great form of fun and neutral community engagement. One would hope nobody would shoot the messenger on something like this (but someone probably would, sadly). Still, it would be fun to see silly data like this.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skygazing wrote:
    FierceKiwi wrote:

I think I actually know exactly which PvP one amusingfoo1 is talking about. Screenshotted it sometime last season and just posted it in another thread:

Nvz6kzB.jpg
    That picture shows dedication to not waste 1 cover. You know this player either really loves Cho or had a couple extra covers and wanted the LT token and didn't want those covers to go to waste. The might have ruined their matchmaking in PVP, but I give them credit for maxing thier first 4*!!!
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I have an alliance mate who dubbed what he calls "Hate Champing". He got tired of getting cho cover after choir cover and champed him. He said he went from hating his covers to getting excited about the impending next LT
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    My Chulk is championed.

After championing the key players in 4* land and finding myself playing at 5* tier I came to the decision that my focus should be to champion trash characters whose covers drop a lot and whose ddq 'might' otherwise be challenging. As such Mr.F, Invisible Woman, Elektra and even Totally Awesome Hulk all got high priority championing over good characters like Nova.

I'm glad I did it this way because the game loves to hand out Chulk and especially Star Lord covers.

Once you champion Rulk, HB, Cyke, JG, Iceman and Quake you're pretty free to spend your ISO any way you please. Obviously someone like 4thor or Fury might see play where Chulk will not but neither one will truly be necessary for you to succeed.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:

We don't often get responses to specific requests like this, but we did get a lot of detail on the feedback on the last PvE test.

It seems like a great form of fun and neutral community engagement. One would hope nobody would shoot the messenger on something like this (but someone probably would, sadly). Still, it would be fun to see silly data like this.

Don't mind me, I'm just bitter and twisted from when my requests for information were callously ignored.