Would you play 4* Daily Deadpool? (poll)

Buret0
Buret0 Posts: 1,591
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The RC 4* 1 v. 1 battle every five days is great, because it is worth an extra legendary token, but it doesn't emphasize the importance of 4*s in the game.

There are now so many 4*s that it takes forever to get through the entire roster and it makes acquiring covers for 4*s random (sometimes you pull a random 4* cover, sometimes a random 5* cover).

The 3* DDQ was an important way of collecting 3* covers to aid in the 3* transition, but with the sheer volume of 4* covers in the game now, getting 4* covers for the new characters is tough and it makes it tough to justify the roster spot for a 1-3 cover character that may take more than a year to cover and two years to level up.

Would you play DDQ daily if there was a better reason to hold on to those 4*s? Specifically, by cycling the RC every day with a 6th event that granted:

(a) 2,500 ISO;
(b) one cover for the 4* RC; and/or
(c) another vault pull.

The other alternative is to make a 7th survival node that is only unlocked by clearing nodes 1-6 (including the 3* RC and the 4* RC), just like the current 3* RC node grants a vault pull, leading to the survival node, which grants the 3* RC cover.

This would not replace the legendary 1 v. 1 battle and you would still only need to clear nodes 1-5 to get the 2,500 ISO completion bonus (there could perhaps be one additional 2,500 ISO completion bonus for clearing nodes 1-7).

If there was a 7th survival node, it would likely be scaled up from the 5th node and would include 4-6 waves, which would be difficult, but possible for people in the 3-4* transition. It needs to be more difficult to acknowledge the work required to obtain the free 4* cover every day, just as we value the ability to claim a specific 3* cover every day.

I don't think this needs to change the DDQ vault contents to add the 5 RCs for the week.

Vote and let me know what you think in the comments section.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Yes, regardless of reward. (Cover would be nice though)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, and it has Been Time (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43130) for a Long Time.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Of course, why wouldn't I? I don't see what the drawback would be.
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Sure I will
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love the ideas buret. I would play a crash of the titans most days (though i would not use HP boosts every day). I think it's well past time that 4* few offered a way to earn fixed 4* covers. There are too few ways to build specific characters at the 4* level.

Quite frankly, why would I not play if i had a handful of covers for the required 4*?

(voted other)
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Give me the opportunity to earn a 4* cover on a RC node, and I will throw down every day. A cover or even LT would be the sweetest deal.

Other rewards would be acceptable, but as someone who is (slowly) trying to build 4*s, I prefer covers even in light of needing ISO to level those 4*s.
  • I remember my early days of Big Enchelada when I had some strong 2* which could just get through and earn me a 3* cover for one of my under covered 3* characters. Gradually I built a strong 3* team and was able to then use 3* for Big Enchelada. Transpose this principle to 4* DDQ and make it just about doable for a 3* team. Then I would be hooked again. For now, having to use a specific single 4* character is often impossible for me unless they happen to have invisibility.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Game changed a lot since DDQ last change. 4*s are as rare as 3*, but their upgrade price is so high, that it makes no sense to upgrade them or even own them - Maxed 5*s are way more useful.

DDQ should get another mission with one mandatory 4* cover (1 taco token reward), this mission would unlock another mission (used 4* cover reward), plus there should be another progression reward - 3 000ISO - as a reward for reaching max points.

With this, DDQ will reward you for owning 4* covers (not only 1*,2* and 3*). You would also get 4* cover and ISO that we all need so desperately.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    All day, every day. Great ideas
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, other. Because it doesn't matter what the reward will really be. It will be relative to some one who can beat a 4* roster so the rewards should either be lots of Iso, LTs, or a certain 4* card. Either way, we would all play it if they ever put it into the game.