Can anyone recommend a good Black Widow comic series?

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
I've got a friend who's fallen into hard times lately and to cheer him up I'd like to buy a trade or two for Black Widow, he's a big fan of her movie persona and only recently is taking his first few steps into buying comics.

Then again, I'm pretty new to this, too. So I'd like to ask you guys if there's a storyline or collection of trades with Black Widow as the main character that would be really well recommended. The current run hasn't hit trade yet and, if I'm honest, as good as the sequential art is, it's a fairly quick read with little dialogue and it might not scratch his itch.

What say you guys? =)

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got a friend who's fallen into hard times lately and to cheer him up I'd like to buy a trade or two for Black Widow, he's a big fan of her movie persona and only recently is taking his first few steps into buying comics.

Then again, I'm pretty new to this, too. So I'd like to ask you guys if there's a storyline or collection of trades with Black Widow as the main character that would be really well recommended. The current run hasn't hit trade yet and, if I'm honest, as good as the sequential art is, it's a fairly quick read with little dialogue and it might not scratch his itch.

What say you guys? =)

There was a Widow limited(?) series some time ago with Bill Sienkiewicz art, but the only thing I remember about it was that it was a blatant knockoff of Alias (the TV show w/ Jennifer Garner, not the Bendis comic). But as far as super-human espionage thrills, BKV's run on Mystique is a big hoot; also I'd recommend Queen & Country if your friend can do with a more realistic look at international espionage and politics.