Sad DDQ Pulls and Health Pack suggestion

Epok
Epok Posts: 41
This just happened to me.
108/300 DDQ Vault tokens pulled (36% of available)

0/1 Legendary token (0.0% of available)
0/2 Four-Star covers (0.0% of available)
0/1 One Thousand Gold (0.0% of available)
0/1 Ten Thousand ISO (0.0% of available)
0/2 Five Thousand ISO (0.0% of available)
15/34 Three-Star covers (44.1% of available)
2/12 Two Hundred Fifty Gold (16.7% of available)
9/30 Fifteen Hundred ISO (30.0% of available)
18/42 Five Health Packs (42.9% of available)
64/175 Two-Star covers (36.5% of available)

I would like to point out that in order to get 108 DDQ tokens FOR THE SAME VAULT, I needed to play for almost 4 months.

I am posting this here not because I think it's broken, I know math and probabilities and gambling systems. I only want to say that considering this is what I received for 4 months of playing every day I consider this to be incredibly underwhelming. 500 Gold? None of the major prizes? Above average health pack drops? This feels bad.

You can buy a 5-pack of health packs for 200 gold, but I don't believe many people think that's worth it compared to the value of gold. As an actual suggestion, how's about replacing health packs with command points? Then maybe make health packs purchasable using command points too?

Also, I'm not sure the last time this was brought up, but I'd like an auto-play option. It could only be activated by a roster with full HP, and the AI would play for you against the other team's AI. I feel like this would be useful for everyone in the game.

In PVP: If you want to break shield to squeeze last-second points into a bracket you can do so without worrying about losing hundreds of points during a single match. It would reduce the effectiveness of stall teams that people don't want to face off against like Iron Fist/Luke Cage. This speed is offset by the fact that you don't control your characters though, so there can be equal chance of failure against a team of similar strength.

In PVE: People can breeze through nodes they are overpowered for without having to waste the personal time, so they can ACTUALLY fight against the nodes that need the effort.

Overall: I think this will help give people with really deep rosters a feeling that more of their characters can be used and arent just sitting in the back idle. And if you want to repeatedly use the same team you will need to spend health packs. It will help people feel less like they are wasting their time fighting rosters way weaker than their own so they can get to their proper standing faster. You will STILL be more likely to win matches you actually play for yourself though. AI doesn't beat human, yet icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• SeveredSynapse
    SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    How about having a Health-Pack pool separate from the 10 that regenerate... and you can use your stockpile when you chose to.

that way you don't waste the regenerative capability when you cash in a bunch of deadpool daily tokens (for example).
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Health Packs from DDQ is the biggest **** (sorry) ever!.
    They should be:
    - Removed from tokens completely
    - Work seperately from common heals (same with HP-purchased heals)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that the way the game has moved forward, with more 4* covers and 5* covers in the game, and the increased 5* pull rates, it's time to revisit the Deadpool vault contents. The devs should do some or all of the following:
    • Decrease the size of the vault, removing some of the lower tier rewards - maybe cut out 15 of the health packs and 35 of the 2* covers to decrease the vault to 250 items.
    • Add a few more 3* covers, another big ISO reward, a few more medium ISO rewards, one more 4*, and maybe a second LT to the mix at the expense of health packs and 2* covers.
    • Add a 2* Deadpool variant, one cover per vault, only attainable through the vault. Low priority, but a neat chase item for collectors. Make his champ rewards really great.
    • Buy me a pony.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    I think that the way the game has moved forward, with more 4* covers and 5* covers in the game, and the increased 5* pull rates, it's time to revisit the Deadpool vault contents. The devs should do some or all of the following:
    • Decrease the size of the vault, removing some of the lower tier rewards - maybe cut out 15 of the health packs and 35 of the 2* covers to decrease the vault to 250 items.
    • Add a few more 3* covers, another big ISO reward, a few more medium ISO rewards, one more 4*, and maybe a second LT to the mix at the expense of health packs and 2* covers.
    • Add a 2* Deadpool variant, one cover per vault, only attainable through the vault. Low priority, but a neat chase item for collectors. Make his champ rewards really great.
    • Buy me a pony.

Sadly, the pony is likely to happen before the other stuff.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    I love my health pack rewards, but that is usually the only reason why I open the DDQ tokens. Please add more not less. I am sitting on about 90 of them. I will climb to a certain level in PVP, and if I get to about 4 to 5 health packs, I will open up the tokens quickly looking for health packs. Climb some more and shield.