Thanks D3

san
san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi person I don't know!

I wish to sincerely thank D3 for making this game impossible to keep up with. I say this lacking any sarcasm or snicker. MPQ is super fun, and I do very much enjoy collecting thigs. As such, I've been playing MPQ daily for nearly two years and would still recommend this game to my friends. That's a long time for a mobile game, and it has been really rewarding along the way. However, over the past three or so seasons, I've realized that I will never catch up to those willing to spend, and that collecting covers can only take me so far in terms of providing entertainment value. I am not quitting, however. DDQ is still a blast, and I particularly enjoy the 1:1 token_legendary.png fights. I will, of course, continue to play these. I will likely still also dabble in PVP and PVE. However, this will no longer be the game that dominates my gaming time. A sincere thanks for shining that light for me.

Cheers,

San

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel the same way. I hit that point a couple of months ago myself. I think I actually enjoy the game more now than when I was immersed in it and playing it all the time before.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    No worries in trying to "catch up" or "be the best", because that will never happen. And I'm less worried about hitting alliance mins every single time (even though I almost always do anyway). Nor do I mind missing out on new characters in pve. Or selling 4* covers because I couldn't champion them in time.

Everything gets done eventually... there's no real rush or need to spend money if you don't want to.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Going to a casual alliance was the best thing I ever did. "Progress" slows, but there really is no "progress" in this game anyway. All your "progress" does is make the characters you formerly worked so hard for obsolete. :shrug:
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Going to a casual alliance was the best thing I ever did. "Progress" slows, but there really is no "progress" in this game anyway. All your "progress" does is make the characters you formerly worked so hard for obsolete. :shrug:

^ This.

Going casual basically slows the treadmill to a managable velocity. Even if that means selling off a 4* or 5* because you cannot roster them straight away; who cares. You'll get them eventually and you still get to play the same match 3 game. Albeit, with a bit less of the new shiny to serve in the e-peen measuring contest that makes up the other half of the meta in the game.

It doesn't even really become much of a problem until the developers screw up the difficulty curves on PvE events for the 3* middle ground of the game, in an effort to lower the amount of solid 4* and 5* players that can end up grabbing the top progression rewards.
  • PDwarf85
    PDwarf85 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I think this game is my favorite game of all time, and I have found myself almost feeling like an addict based on how often I squeeze in playing time around so many daily activities. However, I realize there is no end point and it is impossible to "catch-up" to those with loaded characters/teams. I try to enjoy the journey, but lately I have found some matches I play without much attention or interest. So why do I waste my time during those moments? Maybe its the Iso, or the cover, or helping my alliance.

Unfortunately, after playing for a year straight, never missing a day, my data got overwritten by an accidental Facebook duplicate account that got made when I forgot my Facebook password. D3 is in the process of responding via the Customer service, but it happened on Friday, and it is 4 days now without it. That is 4 days with no MPQ.

When I do restart, it will be with a different perspective, but this addictive game has to find ways to entice newcomers and seasoned vets while still getting the rest to want to stay and enjoy their own team's journey.

As someone who has collected over 10,000 Marvel comics, I like the history, but I stopped collecting years ago. MPQ brought some of those characters back into my life.

Thanks for that, D3.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I want to chime in now that it's been about a week since I have slowed down to a snail pace. A few things I have observed during that time, in no particular order:

- I've played 15 minutes at most. Mostly DDQ. This is the best part of the game, bar none.

- There are very few "low hanging fruits" and the higher fruits require too much effort (see: time). As this cannot be accomplished within 15 minutes, I don't bother trying. For the first time since season 7, I missed a PVP event entirely, and was quite content doing so.

- Less MPQ means more time for other games. XCOM is fun icon_e_smile.gif

- Having removed myself from MPQ, I see very little reason to really return. Sadly, this appears to be an "all or nothing" sort of game, at least from my perspective. Not sure what it means from a playing standpoint. I may try to log in to do the DDQ and the 1:1 fights. Otherwise, I'm pretty burnt out.

- I had a blast playing. Thanks for a great game.

Cheerios,

San

PS Shout out to the alliances I was part of. Team Ka-Zar, 5D (briefly), and BCats!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I Think of myself as a tortoise player. Slow and steady progress is the way I play.
    Sure, I will never Catch up to the hare unless the hare slacks off, so I don't really try. I find my enjoyment in roster building.