Mid-game freezing

Options
VanniVan
VanniVan Posts: 4
Just download the update. I've played four matches since then, and twice the game has "frozen" right in the middle of the game. One time, I moved gems to make a match, and the three gems were in line but never did anything. The second was when it was the start of my opponent's turn, he just didn't do anything. The only thing that reacts is when I pull up the menu to quit the match. I've played hundreds of matches before and NEVER had this happen (a couple of crashes, but never freezing), and it's happened now twice in a 30-minute span immediately after the new patch. Anyone else had the same experience?

Comments

• Moopie
    Moopie Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this happens whenever the game resets the board after a "No More Moves". I've had it happen 3 times since the update (never happened before), always after a "No More Moves". When it was my turn, I was able to swap a gem, but it stuck there and didn't cause a match. When it was the opponent's turn, it seems like the same thing happened to the AI.
  • TheLaughingMann
    Options
    Seconded. Hit this twice. It highlighted two gems that had absolutely no business looking like they could switch and line up with anything on the board. Had to quit quick battles because of this. Can't make any other moves.
  • TheLaughingMann
    Options
    Happened a third time, same instances. Yup, this is an existent bug. Haven't done story mode to see if it comes up there, but here's what happens:

Two gems that have no reason shifting places with one another get recommended by the game. You make the switch, the game hangs and the only way to get out of the duel is to quit it and take the loss. Never happened before the update. Be very aware.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Didn't read this before I posted a new bug, but I'll add my report here too:
    Earlier today, post update, I was playing a Story mode level and the "suggested match" flashing icons were for a black rune with a support shield (3) present, and a planeswalker rune. Switching these two runes would not have made a match to anything around them. There were other choices available that would have generated mana or planeswalker rune matches.

Out of curiosity, I tried to switch them to see what would happen, and they did indeed switch without matching anything.

The game then waited, as if waiting for the match to generate mana as appropriate, but as this match was zero, it stopped mid game. I was unable to access my card list, my planeswalker, or the enemy planeswalker, as is the case during the generation / cascade phase. The game had not frozen in any other respect, as the animations behind/around the PW portraits were still active.

I was able to bring up the pause menu, confirming that the engine was still running in the background, and then quit the game as normal. A pity as I was winning, but nothing else to do.

The following game ran correctly, as have all others since.

I remember seeing a similar match suggestion pre-patch a week or so ago, with a different deck against a different opponent (unsure if story or QB), however chose not to match them as there were other matches available that I wanted.
  • TheLaughingMann
    Options
    How about this? Another quick battle, but it was the opponent that made the stupid move. Talk about a game-winning move...had to quit it. Urgh, this update is not being useful. So be very aware, guys. Looks like the opponent is as liable to make this move as you are.

And even when this glitch is slated to be ready to happen, if you look around and see "oh, I can move this gem over" and expect to get a 3-5 gem match, sometimes it WILL change the colors of the gems to something weird and glitch out still.

Looks like this error's happening one out of every five battles I play. It's annoying.
  • someidiot
    someidiot Posts: 1
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/jxShJKz7BsI

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6EvPcsgTS4s

Sad times my friends. making me lose faith in pvp right now. hope events does not do this to us.

Moderator edit: Embedding code removed. The forum does not support in-line video. -DayvBang
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Half of my battles have ended like this. Game is unplayable right now.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it happening after a 'No More Moves'? I get lock ups after those sometimes, and also weird board states: sometimes duplicate supports are allowed on the board... and sometimes 2 supports will be on the same gem (The gem might then be 2 colors, it will appear to be one color, but it will match with another color; sometimes this makes the 'suggested move' appear to be an illegal move, but if you make the suggested move you'll get a match).
  • TheLegendDan
    Options
    Same problem here. No more moves, board does not reshuffle but changes a few gems, i swapped two gems and lock.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes I can confirm the game freezes after a "no more moves" reshuffle.
    No matter what you do after that, as soon as you match any gem the game freezes.

For me it is most annoying for pve event cause I am after crystals and some condition need a long match.
    You can lose up to 20 minutes of gameplay cause of this bug in pve icon_e_sad.gif
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Confirmed here as well. Had 5 stoppages so far. Mostly annoying as I can just heal and try again.
  • huntly
    huntly Posts: 99
    Options
    Can't wait for the update to fix all the bugs. This glitch is happening to me even when it doesn't reshuffle. Hope we get some compensation but a working game would be good enough.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    huntly wrote:
    Can't wait for the update to fix all the bugs. This glitch is happening to me even when it doesn't reshuffle. Hope we get some compensation but a working game would be good enough.
    I can confirm it doesn't only happen on reshuffle. Happened to me today in QB. I'm thinking of rebooting my phone every hour or so as it is annoying that it messes with my win percentage.
  • TheLegendDan
    Options
    Here is a screencap of my board after "No more moves" shuffle. You may notice there are still no more moves.

https://z-1-scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13652949_1325410750820061_7639756753066914248_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I'm getting this a ton. Every two-three matches I have to force quit the game.

It isn't just on the no more moves, it is where the "recommended move" is a false move. If you make that move, the tiles switch and the game locks.

Also seems to happen to the AI turns quite often.

Makes it almost unplayable.