Peggy Carter: Marvel.com Design Chat & Promo Video

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all,

Two exciting new Peggy Cater items to point you at today;

First up, catch a Marvel.com chat with D3Go!'s Josh Austin (Producer) and Demiurge's Paige Pettoruto (Character Designer) & Jae Tsai (Artist).

Then, head over to the MPQ YouTube channel for a brand new 1940s-flavored Peggy Carter promo video.

You can find the INTERVIEW HERE and VIDEO HERE.

Quote:
"Marvel.com: Her in-game art is jaw dropping-ly gorgeous. This is probably one of the first times Peggy’s picked up Cap’s signature shield so I'm wondering what kind of aesthetics was the team looking to hit here?

Jae Tsai: I wanted to infuse some of the 1940’s chic into this character and pulled from a lot of Ryan Meinerding's concept designs for the first Captain America film. Originally her design had a helmet with the iconic 'A' but I later decided to scrap it to expose the hairstyle. She wears a lot of the brown leathers used in older military garb.
"

Comments

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    That promo looks amazing! It was especially great to see the animation for her powers instead of still screens. I hope more of the MPQ fanbase watches the video.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Hopefully y'all will release the normal Peggy Carter as a character. I've wanted her for a long time. Especially before Sharon Carter.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm wondering if you can go into detail on the reasoning for introducing some significant power creep via her Red ability?

"Just because it's the simplest way to encourage veteran player engagement" is perfectly valid, and I'll understand if that's both your final answer & you don't want to actually admit it. Still, any insight into how you've adjusted your costing to accommodate creep would be interesting.

Thanks for your time!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another surprise maybe coming soon??? I love surprises. Surprise me whenever you want, mpq!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    You mean her yellow ability? Her red is pretty well in line with existing strong powers that only deal damage.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Peggy rewards in DP vs MPQ as well??
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Another surprise maybe coming soon??? I love surprises. Surprise me whenever you want, mpq!

Careful what you wish for.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    You mean her yellow ability? Her red is pretty well in line with existing strong powers that only deal damage.

No, I mean her Red which has better a better AP: damage ratio than HBs Rocket Punch.

HBs Red is a pure translation of AP into damage, so it's a really nice baseline for comparing the costs of other abilities. Captain Carter's Red deals more damage & ignores protects, so it's the most clear & obvious power creep in the tier.

There's a bunch of subjectivity & theorycrafting involved in discussing her other powers (particularly Yellow), although they certainly do not provide a handicap that balances the extra damage on Red.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:

No, I mean her Red which has better a better AP: damage ratio than HBs Rocket Punch.

HBs Red is a pure translation of AP into damage, so it's a really nice baseline for comparing the costs of other abilities. Captain Carter's Red deals more damage & ignores protects, so it's the most clear & obvious power creep in the tier.

There's a bunch of subjectivity & theorycrafting involved in discussing her other powers (particularly Yellow), although they certainly do not provide a handicap that balances the extra damage on Red.

HB has self acceleration and the ability to use anywhere from 9+ at a time where Peggy can only do exactly 9 at a time. Those are not insignificant differences.

HB's red IS a nice baseline to look at, but is not apples to apples here.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    HB red is an easy damage/ap comparison, but a very bad one given his other abilities.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    a surprise? my guess is a fourth of july weekend sale....especially with cap as the pve prize and her PVP starting Sunday
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I just gotta say that I love what you all did here. Peggy Carter sounds perfect!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    a surprise? my guess is a fourth of july weekend sale....especially with cap as the pve prize and her PVP starting Sunday
    I'm hoping for Another Independence Day Vault. Preferably one with only Peggy covers, but that may be taking expectations too far. icon_e_smile.gif
    I'd also accept a brand new Peggy-centered PvE starting on July 4th. I notice they haven't revealed what the next PvE after Deadpool vs MPQ is...
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I'm going to guess a Cap themed PvP event with Peggy as the top prize. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's something more fun!
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just wanted to chime in and say that the art on this character is spectacular. Thank you.

I wish some of the original art would get revisited since some of the more recent stuff is so much better.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm hoping for Another Independence Day Vault. Preferably one with only Peggy covers, but that may be taking expectations too far. icon_e_smile.gif
    I'd also accept a brand new Peggy-centered PvE starting on July 4th. I notice they haven't revealed what the next PvE after Deadpool vs MPQ is...

Some of that is probably because it will begin on 7/1, and they haven't posted the "upcoming in July" thread yet.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    SAfPo0h.jpg

Looking at all the other designs, I think MPQ had the best idea AND execution. I'm not sure Avengers Academy even tried.
  • Quebbster
    jffdougan wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Some of that is probably because it will begin on 7/1, and they haven't posted the "upcoming in July" thread yet.
    Weekly buffs and DDQ battles are updated for that period though.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Because they begin with events beginning today (which is still June).
  • Quebbster
    jffdougan wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Because they begin with events beginning today (which is still June).
    DDQ doesn't roll over until Saturday. It's July then.