offseason reward imbalance

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
the off-season.

Some cover I desperately need is always the 1k reward (ice green now, x-23 red last time, etc).

My mid-tier 4* roster can cruise to 1k, usually without shielding, during the season. But in the off-season my same team is awash in a sea of 30 point matches, and gets pummeled in less than 10 minutes for sitting above 600. (though to be fair, 'awash' usually means stuck cycling through the same 5 opponents worth 30 points over and over)

But not to worry. I will have a chance to earn another iceman green cover in about 8 months when it rotates back to 1k. Or I could open LTs and hope!

Some days the 4* transition is a steaming pile of ****. But on days like today it is even worse.

So turning away from my personal griping, and towards discussing the game systems, is it worth adjusting off-season rewards to reflect the significant difference in effort needed to get them?

(erroneously posted on the character forums at first. Moved it over here)

Comments

• PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    I have a bigger issue with the placement rewards? Why MoStorm again? Wasn't she a reward less than 2 weeks ago? I just champed her to keep from selling off 5 reward covers so it works for me, but wouldn't a little more diversity make more sense?
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    I think the difference is that in the off-season we're all trying to hit 1K or 1300 without putting up a shield. I don't know about you, but once I got my Iceman, I just floated and let the hits come as they may. Overall, the off-season is actually pretty similar to what all PVP used to be like, before shield-hopping was a thing.

So, do they need to adjust the rewards? It is harder to get to 1K, because there are fewer points around, and you're not getting the Season placement/progression rewards that come from an on-season PVP, so more effort for much less reward. That would argue for better - or maybe just different - rewards. Maybe just keep the off-season fights out of the normal reward rotation, and give out thematically appropriate characters. That way, if you really want am extra - Rulk, maybe? - cover, you can play Nefarious Foes, and if you're just holding out for Iceman, you can wait until the season starts up again.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe off-season only, they could lower the progression rewards. I agree that it's very hard to score above 800. I'm usually unable to get to 1300, because I don't want to do crazy 30-point total shield hops.
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Well, at least having IW as the next 1k prize for Divine Champions means you won't have to bother playing that one.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep the same progression rewards, just put SL/IW/Cho covers every single time it's off-season.

The last 2 icon_iceman.png at 1000 we're off-season btw, super fun for people trying to cover him icon_rolleyes.gif
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i've been hitting 1000 semi regularly over the last 2 seasons. but having a heck of a time with this one as well. same 3 opponents. hit 5+ times for every match played.

not even going to bother trying again.