Unstable ISO-8 Rankings?

jmupal
jmupal Posts: 9
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi there,

I play the typical PvE with at least 3 if not 4 clears a day with grind at the end. As of now I have 2 full clears with 1 day 13 hours left, meaning only 2 full clears is possible. However, with the first Unstable event and this, it seems that my bracket has people with double the points the entire time. What am I missing from play strategy? I have 6500 so far which is max I can without Nova, but there are multiple over 11k already?! In the previous day's event I had 4 full clears with grind and I got rank 300. Normally I get rank 50-100.

What has changed / if I am in a tough bracket what am I doing wrong (besides not having Nova)?

jmupal

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's double ISO.
    A lot of people will do the full 7 clears, a lot more than in a regular PVE.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are after placement Awards, don't get too hung up on the scoreboards. As mentioned, some grind early to get the node rewards, but the best way to get a good placement is to do your clear as soon as possible after the 8 hour timer expires and then grind as much as possible at the end of the sub. Those that grind in advance will have a better position at first, but you'll be able to Catch up and pass them if you do your clears on time.
    (But not having Nova will obviously mean some Points will be lost)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    the only leaderboard that matters is at the end of the event or sub. everything prior to that is in flux. if you understand the 8hr refresh and the grind (i.e. optimal play), everything prior to the end of the sub/event doesn't matter. at all.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love to see a carry over scoreboard... like stage 1 stage 2 stage 3 ect so gives you an idea what people score each time.. Unless your right there at the end you have no idea what people scored and have to take guesses
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    i dont bother with PVE rankins much. i always end around plces 50 till 200. i just uses to get the max points for the 25 stars.

also i would like to get the miss carter card. but no slots. so i wait till she comes up in the PVP event. then try to go hard there. and most of the time i get into place 20th to 50th. so for me it is more rewarding.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    jmupal wrote:
    Hi there,

I play the typical PvE with at least 3 if not 4 clears a day with grind at the end. As of now I have 2 full clears with 1 day 13 hours left, meaning only 2 full clears is possible. However, with the first Unstable event and this, it seems that my bracket has people with double the points the entire time. What am I missing from play strategy? I have 6500 so far which is max I can without Nova, but there are multiple over 11k already?! In the previous day's event I had 4 full clears with grind and I got rank 300. Normally I get rank 50-100.

What has changed / if I am in a tough bracket what am I doing wrong (besides not having Nova)?

jmupal
    Double iso, above average new character, you're missing a high point value essential

Max points in sub 1 was 15k, missing Nova is a huge handicap
  • jmupal
    jmupal Posts: 9
    I guess I don't understand how the max was 15k. I got like 6k but I did 4 full clears 8 hours a part which has always been the optimal strategy previously. Yes I had no Nova but that doesn't make up a 5k missing difference!