End of Season 28 Token Pull Results!

CyberVenom2001
CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Welcome to the End of Season 28 everyone! I horde all tokens throughout the season and mass open them, along with using as much of my CP as possible! Here's the notable results! The number next to event name is how many tokens I opened for said event or occasion.

Standard Tokens (224)
Purple Squirrel Girl
Blue Mystique
Black Colossus

This is the 3rd season I've done this mass pull. Something I noticed here, and it very well could come down to luck of the draw, is that there were a LOT less 2 stars pulled than the last two seasons. It could be due to the new champion resell costs for maxed 2s. Not sure.

Heroic Tokens (11)
Yellow Iron Man Model 40
Blue 3* Falcon

Heroic 10-Pack (1)
Yellow Hood
Green Hulk
Green Kamala Khan
Black 3* Cyclops
Red 3* Steve Rogers
Blue 4* Nick Fury (wasn't needed, but 1000 iso helps)

Nefarious Foes (1)
Red 3* Cyclops

The Hunt (3)
Red Ragnarok

Hard Nock Life (1)
Yellow Squirrel Girl

Simulator (current run; 5)
Yellow Colossus

Oscorp: Heroic (5)
Blue Psylocke

Enemy of the State (9)
Black Iron Fist
Red Sentry
4* Green Jean Grey

Venom Bomb (6)
Green 3* Human Torch

Taco Vault: Sweet (28)
Yellow Sentry
Green Patch
Green 3* Human Torch
Red Punisher
Yellow 3* Thor
Purple Blade
250 HP (x4)
1500 Iso

Taco Vault: Savory (22)
Black 3* Bullseye
Black Colossus
Green Doc Octopus
1500 Iso (x4)

Legendary Tokens (7)
Yellow Venom
Black Mr. Fantastic
Red War Machine
Yellow Cyclops
Green X23 (x2)
Yellow Kingpin

Command Points (8)
Red X23
Red Carnage
Black X-Force Wolverine
Blue There's
5* Red Captain America (x2)
5* Blue Captain America
5 * Blue Iron Man

Total Iso gained from selling what wasn't needed and from adding to championed characters: 70900.

I did have tokens for a bunch of other PVP events, but none netted anything of note. I categorized all of the standard token pulls of anyone is interested in those totals as well.

I hope you all enjoy and feel free to add your successes!

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for this, I know a lot of people enjoy either hearing others successes or simply like the data to add to their own.

I have two comments - I hope this doesn't come across too critical, I'm simply curious/trying to inform.
    1) I hope you opened the taco tokens while they were both active vaults and not all at the same time so one was inactive. As there was a switch recently I'm hopeful that was the case.
    2) Is there a specific reason you decided to open latest legends packs with your CP? I know of others who have decided to do this too, so I'm not trying to say it's wrong, but I think most people would generally advise you to open classic LTs since the 4* are the same and you're more likely to have a handful of those 5* already, so you're better off pulling the cheaper tokens and building the 5* you already have covers for. If you had no 5* at all before (or maybe only two from the civil war events), I can see the allure of the latest legends tokens, but for instance your 8 pulls at 25 each could have been 10 at 20 each. Those extra pulls add up quite a bit over time in extra 5* and champion rewards for 4*.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    What happens if you spend a taco token on an inactive vault?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    fanghoul wrote:
    What happens if you spend a taco token on an inactive vault?
    I'm not even sure anymore to be honest, since they are invisible now. It used to be that each pull was just from a new vault, so you were always pulling at 0/300 with whatever random covers it decided to give you as chances. I am assuming that's still the case, but we just can't see what's there.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the responses!

As to the Taco Vaults, if you open horded tokens while the vault is inactive, it's like getting a new vault on each pull. It's super, super risky. But this go around, I racked up pretty well.

As for the CP, the reason I went with the newest (except for one) was based on game play. I'm a hardcore player, but I focus on collecting each character before placement and maxing out characters. Before these pulls, the only 5*s I lacked was Iron Man, Cap, and Black Suit Spidey (which still eludes me) along with Kate Bishop, Moon Knight, and now Peggy Carter. Since I needed 2 newer legends over classic, I went with that.

If only one 5 star is released by the end of next season, then I'll probably aim for that Spider-Man instead. Which would be great to get more pulls.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the 3rd season I've done this mass pull. Something I noticed here, and it very well could come down to luck of the draw, is that there were a LOT less 2 stars pulled than the last two seasons. It could be due to the new champion resell costs for maxed 2s. Not sure.

There was a thread about this where a few people tracked pvp win rewards and concluded there wasn't a change, but I've been keeping track and it's been over a week since I've pulled a 2 from a standard token or a pvp win. Super annoying and while it's prob just a streak, stealth changing the odds after the 2* re-sell announcement feels like something they would do.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to the Hoard Horde, sir! You need formatting help to make your post easier to read, though. icon_e_wink.gif Looks like you did okay on those CP pulls. Good on ya. I'll be going through my usual hoard soon enough.