Dare we hope double iso is the new normal?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Has there been any communication on this? Is unstable Iso 8 A special event, or is this a larger-scale change?

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Has there been any communication on this?

Please excuse me while I go laugh maniacally. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    well, we've had them before and it wasn't the new normal, but those had more announcement/fanfare with them. this one just kinda snuck out there. only time will tell, but I sure hope so. even if I am only selectively playing pve. my money is on a one-time thing that gets repeated occasionally.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    DuckyV wrote:
    Please excuse me while I go laugh maniacally. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

To V's credit, they didn't place a "DOUBLE ISO" banner at the top, which is the norm when they do Double ISO events. While I also wish to laugh, and I may yet have a chuckle, I sincerely want to believe it is true.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    DuckyV wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Has there been any communication on this?

You beat me to it, I was too busy cleaning up the soda I spit all over my keyboard when I read the OP icon_e_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    If it's the new normal, it's not double.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice if they just decided to double iso rewards in all events. The jaded parent in me leans more towards them using double iso as a carrot to dissuade people from bracket sniping new character releases.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Has there been any communication on this? Is unstable Iso 8 A special event, or is this a larger-scale change?
    From your lips to the devs ears. I really hope double ISO PVE becomes the norm.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Knock on wood, hope it's not another bug, and take it away.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    It's not a bug and they will take it away at the end of the event.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    The popup with Peggy on it stated that it was Double Iso event, though..........
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    The popup with Peggy on it stated that it was Double Iso event, though..........

Hadnt seen that (only getting the VIP pop-up as I remember).

icon_e_sad.gif that strongly suggests this is a one-off. ****!
  • laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    san-mpq wrote:
    To V's credit, they didn't place a "DOUBLE ISO" banner at the top, which is the norm when they do Double ISO events. While I also wish to laugh, and I may yet have a chuckle, I sincerely want to believe it is true.

Until you see the next daily hotfix. "Fixed a but where banner for Double ISO was not showing correctly." icon_lol.gif
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Hendross wrote:
    Knock on wood, hope it's not another bug, and take it away.

If it was a bug we'd get to keep it XD
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    It isn't, but we can hope!
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Devs are probably just being cautious. They don't want to commit to it in full, then take it back later if they feel it's impacting the in game economy.

We need to use this gift wisely and prove we can be trusted :p