MPQ & Peggy Carter At Entertainment Weekly

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_Peggy_Carter_Cap_75th_2016.JPG

Hi everyone,

By now, you've likely caught sight of Peggy Carter's arrival in Marvel Puzzle Quest. To find out more about this amazing new version of Captain America (a Demiurge creation!) head over to Entertainment Weekly for an interview with Marvel Games Creative Director, Bill Rosemann​.

You can READ IT HERE.

Quote:
"'They really understood the woman under the mask,' Rosemann says of Puzzle Quest. 'They had the idea of, what if Steve Rogers was actually assassinated at the moment he was going to receive the super-soldier serum? And what if Peggy Carter instead took a step forward, and she joins the Super-Soldier Program in his place?'"

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    ATTENTION MARVEL: I would totally read this What If?/AU/whatever in comic form.
  • dasquish
    dasquish Posts: 21
    Is there a way we can get Marvel to make this actually happen? I would subscribe/watch/bring friends.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, that Sharon Carter alt version is... a little bit over the top.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I love this initiative, and hope it becomes the first of several similar endeavours down the road -- game-exclusive new/alt versions of characters. (I particularly love that MPQ is getting Peggy Carter, as this is the Marvel game I put the most time into.)

A+ job on her art, as well. Can't wait to collect & start using her.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Wow, that Sharon Carter alt version is... a little bit over the top.
    lol I thought that was jane at first glance.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    "All seven games will be released between June 30 and July 4."

Hrrrmph? Bad writing strikes again? Well I guess Peggy officially drops on Thursday 6/30 ... already in event tokens but we'll keep that quiet.

That article really gave short shrift to Marvel Heroes ... guess I'll have to go check their version out ... jut picked up Steve and Tony in the Steam Summer Sale ... for $2.50... icon_e_wink.gif

Unless it was in an interview with IceIX or Cthulhu, the official announcement of a new character release is always the end date for the event, so the time that most people would receive it from their event rewards.
  • baarzo
    baarzo Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    please stop to add character, the game will be soon a mess
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    baarzo wrote:
    please stop to add character, the game will be soon a mess
    I take it you are new here? New characters get added regularly, because that's how you keep interest up apparently. Whether that is sustainable is Another matter, but this has been going on ever since the beginning.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    hype
    (hahyp) Informal.

Verb
    to create interest, stimulate or excite; promote or publicize showily.

I know you could not reveal particulars of Peggy Carter before the special announcement hit all games... but sheez, at least say "this weekend a new, surprise character that is exclusive to MPQ is coming! To commemorate, the launching event will be double iso!". Or if even that was too much, just say "we have a special surprise coming to MPQ this weekend, keep an eye for it! Also, double-iso!"

I've been saying this for a while (over a year?) but MPQ really needs a PR professional.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    hype
    (hahyp) Informal.

Verb

I know you could not reveal particulars of Peggy Carter before the special announcement hit all games... but sheez, at least say "this weekend a new, surprise character that is exclusive to MPQ is coming! To commemorate, the launching event will be double iso!". Or if even that was too much, just say "we have a special surprise coming to MPQ this weekend, keep an eye for it! Also, double-iso!"

I've been saying this for a while (over a year?) but MPQ really needs a PR professional.

I think in this case, there were contractual issues with who got to reveal what when.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    hype
    (hahyp) Informal.

Verb

I think in this case, there were contractual issues with who got to reveal what when.

Which is exactly what I said in the very first sentence.