Unstable ISO-8 Vault

Boommike
Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have 2 tokens left over from the last time Unstable ISO-8 ran and held on to them (for fear of unknown odds of a "stockpiled vault token". I was going to open them next time the event ran, but now I don't have a vault for this event. What gives? Are they still flip-flopping when they have vaults? Is this because it's a new character release?
More importantly, what should I do? Keep holding on to the tokens in the hope that next time there will be a vault?

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boommike wrote:
    Is this because it's a new character release?

No vault here either, I'm pretty sure new releases never have vaults.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    New characters don't get vaults
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's an 0,2% chance to get Peggy from non-Vault tokens. They'd need a vault with 500 items, one of which would be a Peggy cover to get those odds in vault form. With tokens there's also the chance that people try to get multiple Peggy covers.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just gonna get two stars anyways...

Seriously, event tokens should completely eliminate two stars from the draw bank at this point. Nothing like slogging your to one of those "special" tokens to get rng'ed with one of 15 characters when there are 70+ other characters floating out there.

Tl;DR...D3 needs to stop.being so stingy with rewards from tokens.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    smkspy wrote:

Seriously, event tokens should completely eliminate two stars from the draw bank at this point. Nothing like slogging your to one of those "special" tokens to get rng'ed with one of 15 characters when there are 70+ other characters floating out there.

Because new players never play PvE. I actually do agree that something should be done about/for 4/5* players that are drawing continually drawing 2* characters (and the championing cycle is a nice, if small move towards that), but that answer shouldn't be just getting rid of them in tokens altogether.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:

Because new players never play PvE. I actually do agree that something should be done about/for 4/5* players that are drawing continually drawing 2* characters (and the championing cycle is a nice, if small move towards that), but that answer shouldn't be just getting rid of them in tokens altogether.

Hell, I have an idea that I think would mesh perfectly with the "it should always be more beneficial to level your roster" goal that they're ostensibly pursuing.

The token odds as listed would be the default odds. If you're a new player chasing 2*, the event token might give you a 3* or a 4*, but mostly you'll get the 2* you need.

Those base odds would apply for any roster with fewer than three champions total. Once you get to three champions, you get a boost to your draw rate for 3* covers from event tokens. This way early 3* champion rosters recycling their max champ 2* aren't getting dropped back down a tier just because they sold a champion 2*; they're still getting the 3* covers they (presumably) need.

If you have five champion 3* characters, you get an additional boost to 4* draw rates. This stacks with the 3* boost. Both boosts come at the expense of the 2* draw rate. Unlike the 3* boost, the 4* boost would require 3* champions specifically and make no allowances for recycling.

If you have three 4* at 240 or greater, you have an additional chance to pull a quantity of ISO. This stacks with previous boosts. The ISO could be alongside whichever cover is pulled, or in place of it. If in place of it, it would probably need to be a minimum of 3000 ISO - enough that pulling it in place of a 4* doesn't feel like a booby trap, since having three 4* at 240 doesn't necessarily mean you have no need for additional 4* covers.

What the actual percentage boosts would be, I don't know. But that would make event tokens be useful for cover acquisition across the board, rather than progressively less useful as your roster grows.
  • djeternal
    djeternal Posts: 28
    edited June 2016
    DFiPL wrote:

Hell, I have an idea that I think would mesh perfectly with the "it should always be more beneficial to level your roster" goal that they're ostensibly pursuing.

The token odds as listed would be the default odds. If you're a new player chasing 2*, the event token might give you a 3* or a 4*, but mostly you'll get the 2* you need.

Those base odds would apply for any roster with fewer than three champions total. Once you get to three champions, you get a boost to your draw rate for 3* covers from event tokens. This way early 3* champion rosters recycling their max champ 2* aren't getting dropped back down a tier just because they sold a champion 2*; they're still getting the 3* covers they (presumably) need.

If you have five champion 3* characters, you get an additional boost to 4* draw rates. This stacks with the 3* boost. Both boosts come at the expense of the 2* draw rate. Unlike the 3* boost, the 4* boost would require 3* champions specifically and make no allowances for recycling.

If you have three 4* at 240 or greater, you have an additional chance to pull a quantity of ISO. This stacks with previous boosts. The ISO could be alongside whichever cover is pulled, or in place of it. If in place of it, it would probably need to be a minimum of 3000 ISO - enough that pulling it in place of a 4* doesn't feel like a booby trap, since having three 4* at 240 doesn't necessarily mean you have no need for additional 4* covers.

What the actual percentage boosts would be, I don't know. But that would make event tokens be useful for cover acquisition across the board, rather than progressively less useful as your roster grows.

Interesting idea but doubtful it could or would be implemented. Having tokens work in a dynamic fashion would imo require way too much additional coding that would need to be added to the game. When adding a big new feature like that who knows how many other things would go wrong. A better solution is probably introducing a new token that is 3/4* centric. Then they could include those in progression rewards in PVP/PVE and you'd have some type of natural progression at least within the tokens going from standard to heroic to "superheroic" to legendary. Unfortunately it does nothing to solve the RNG nature of cover progression.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:

Recycling twos is a patch, yeah (more like the man behind the curtain imo), but it takes away from the focus of improving an ever expanding roster of characters that have no set way of progressing other tham luck. Yet, it's a dozen or so so characters that domain the RNG so much.

Devs could at least drop their rates for event tokens, I mean, why even have those tokens if they're no better than heriocs. Especially when they advertise some of them as a daily deal for 200 HP.

Likewise vaults need to be heavily readjusted to the new 4 star level. A token and 2 4s in the taco vault just isn't cutting it anymore. I think a minimum of 15 4 stars should added to the taco vault and the 80 vaults should at least have 6 or 7.

Every 2 star I pull just adds a little bit of resent towards this game. Hitting a solid two foundation takes three months, but it dominates the entire span of the game's life

Before championing, I know that I've fully covered 3 dakens, 4 bulleyes, and two moonstones that I intended on leveling but ended up selling to make room for a 4 star that I can't get covers for...meanwhile I've got to champion a 2 star cap now simply because I have 10 extra covers sitting my roster bank. Guess it'll add three more covers to my champ lazy cap, but it would just be easier if those cap covers were easier to get through tokens.