A New Captain America for Every Occasion! (Link inside)

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/27/ca ... nniversary

Check it out, every Marvel game is getting their own nifty Cap!

Comments

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Hopefully that will quell the nay-sayers pointing out Carter's British heritage.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Ahh. Now I see why the early new 4* release occured.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Pretty cool. I especially like the "American Knight" coming to FF. I don't play that game myself but the character looks awesome.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    You'd think they'd promote this themselves instead of the players digging up the links for them
  • This makes so much more sense now! I was like **** did they do to Peggy?! I get it and now think its cool. Although I wish they would have made an announcement or something, instead of just dropping it on us and making it confusing.
  • It seems like Marvel.com is the reason we didn't get an announcement before the weekend. They most likely made D3 hold off until after their official "Cap for Every Game" press release could go out. It stinks that they got thrown under the bus for it, but sadly, that kind of stuff happens in PR all the time when working with multiple companies.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering why we didn't get the usual Marvel.com interview introducing peggy
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frostbyte2 wrote:
    It seems like Marvel.com is the reason we didn't get an announcement before the weekend. They most likely made D3 hold off until after their official "Cap for Every Game" press release could go out. It stinks that they got thrown under the bus for it, but sadly, that kind of stuff happens in PR all the time when working with multiple companies.

No reason that they couldn't have made the next pve after this one be for the new release though.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    JangoLore wrote:
    Hopefully that will quell the nay-sayers pointing out Carter's British heritage.
    "Margaret "Peggy" Carter was born in Richmond, Virginia to a wealthy Virginia family"
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Margaret_Carter_(Earth-616)
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    JangoLore wrote:
    "Margaret "Peggy" Carter was born in Richmond, Virginia to a wealthy Virginia family"

Is this 616 Peggy or more movie inspired Peggy. I'm going with more movie inspired version given her non-blonde look and let's face it, the public thinks of a peggy as a British character now same way Jarvis is an AI program and now Redwing is a drone.

She's Captain Britain to me, and should have been done up accordingly with the British shield. It'd still be a variant of Cap, but would make a bit more sense imo and at least something a bit more creative.

Still, I like many of these designs and some make me wish we had gotten someone besides Peggy.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    smkspy wrote:
    JangoLore wrote:

Is this 616 Peggy or more movie inspired Peggy. I'm going with more movie inspired version given her non-blonde look and let's face it, the public thinks of a peggy as a British character now same way Jarvis is an AI program and now Redwing is a drone.

She's Captain Britain to me, and should have been done up accordingly with the British shield. It'd still be a variant of Cap, but would make a bit more sense imo and at least something a bit more creative.

Still, I like many of these designs and some make me wish we had gotten someone besides Peggy.

I'd argue this is a situation like Daisy, where the character design is taken from both the comics and the MCU.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do like the "What-If?" concept. My uncle used to have a comic book collection when I was growing up, and among that collection was his small stack of "What If?" issues. They were my favorites of his and he let me read them, so they were not in mint condition.

What If... variants would be cool in my book... preferably as new cover art/character appearance purchased with HP.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Official thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46643

Locking this thread.
This discussion has been closed.