Help: Oblivion Sower encounter with Chandra.

Demsu
Demsu Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
edited June 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I'm on the verge of throwing my device to a wall.
How am I supposed to deal with this encounter with Chandra ? That Nissa card that turns 20 gems to green AND gain 30 life (!!) Is just ridiculous.. basicly bypassing the Hedron Alignment support.
If I get any creature on the table, its just few turns and it's burned/bounced/contolled.

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demsu wrote:
    I'm on the verge of throwing my device to a wall.
    How am I supposed to deal with this encounter with Chandra ? That Nissa card that turns 20 gems to green AND gain 30 life (!!) Is just ridiculous.. basicly bypassing the Hedron Alignment support.
    If I get any creature on the table, its just few turns and it's burned/bounced/contolled.

Use a deck with no creatures.

You can do it using Chandra with burn spells and her ultimate. Or you can use Ob Nixilis, use his ultimate.... put orbs of warding on board and then use the first ability every other turn to deal 16 damage.

To deal with island tokens you can use demolish to destroy the support so they wont generate.

Or with Ob you can use scour or grip of desolution to destroy any tokens generated by waterveil
  • johnnyde76
    johnnyde76 Posts: 25
    Dust Stalker, if you have him, helps a bit (with no other creatures, since he goes right back to your hand and the AI can't Exert him or destroy him). Pump up his stats with some supports that increase his attack every time you summon him. And I went with Smash to Smithereens and Demolish just because his Part the Waterveil and Quarantine are his game changers and I didn't want them on the board at all.
  • Upstartes
    Upstartes Posts: 98
    Yep. I'll confirm the above advice. After much pain and suffering, I finally went with an all-spell Chandra deck. I don't remember it exactly, but I think it looked something like this:

Demolish
    Smash to Smithereens
    Foundry of the Consuls
    Dragon Fodder
    Magmatic Insight
    Exquisite Firecraft
    Scour From Existence
    Rolling Thunder
    Alchemist's Vial
    Infectious Bloodlust