Leveling Up Cost Moved Up?

CyberVenom2001
CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
A couple of hours ago, I was using Iso to level up my Prof. X. After I was done, it showed I only needed 60,000 or so left. Now, it shows I need 98,000. No new covers were added.

What's that all aboot?

Comments

• Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    It is not correct sometime, even when you have all 13 tokens.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    It isn't tell you the cost to max, it tells you the cost to level as high as you can with your current ISO + a $99 Mother Lode.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    the button doesn't necessary display the total iso cost to max if you don't have enough iso to max the character. (see petergibbons' post).

so the difference is likely that your iso stockpile changed TC.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    It isn't tell you the cost to max, it tells you the cost to level as high as you can with your current ISO + a $99 Mother Lode.

Which always amuses and depresses me in equal parts. Hey MPQ Player! You can take that massive pile of ISO you have, spend $100 of your hard earned money to make your stash even bigger then dump it All into this 4* - AND STILL BE 40 LEVELS SHY OF MAXIMUM!!!! What a great deal! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_mad.gif
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    This happens all the time I am doing my final push on 4hor initially called for 70K jumped to 90k the next morning after putting 16k in. Carnage who I just finished covering has no ISO in him and they claim it will take 80K to max, it seems to correct as you add iso. It is very frustrating though, it is a pain in the **** not know how much iso you need to finish.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    A couple of hours ago, I was using Iso to level up my Prof. X. After I was done, it showed I only needed 60,000 or so left. Now, it shows I need 98,000. No new covers were added.

What's that all aboot?

Sounds like you have about 20K iso on hand.

You've stumbled across the most awkward implementation of a suggestive sell known to gaming, right here in MPQ.

Check out this image from a covermaxed 4*:

isosuggest_zpslg6m6ax4.jpg

At this time I had 663 iso on hand.

Unless you have enough iso on hand to reach the character's cap, or at least enough iso on hand to reach the character's cap if you bought more iso, the level button doesn't show you the iso required to reach the character's cap.

Instead it shows you the highest level you can reach, with the iso on hand, plus a Mother Lode (78K iso).

So, here, obviously I can't take my covermaxed Cho to level 270 with 663 iso. Nor can I take him to 270 even if I buy a Lode, and use 76,766 iso on him.

I can reach level 214, if I blow $100 on him ( icon_lol.gif ).

Further, IF I were to spend some iso on him, that iso number would go down. If I spent 2148 iso to go to level 186, it would say I needed 74,618 iso to reach level 214.

If I then exited the character screen, and went back later, it would tell me that—if I bought a Lode!—I could level Cho to 215, for 79,826 iso, assuming I had at least 1,826 iso on hand, but less than 4,886.

So, likely what happened was, you went to Prof X, dropped about 18K iso into him, reducing the amount show on the Level button from 78K or so down to 60K or so.

You went away, played more, earned around 20K iso.

Then went back to Prof X, and saw 98K on the level button ... your 20K plus a Mother Lode (78K).

Yes, it really is that ridiculous and arbitrary.

Is it really worth conveniencing whales at the cost of everyone else's understanding?

Interesting. Never noticed this.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting. Never noticed this.

I noticed that it showed me an apparently arbitrary level to bring the character to, and I noticed that if I quit that character screen and came back it would update, but I never knew how it was derived. That's kind of amusing, thanks!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    the only one that has changed is devil dinosaur, it used to be cheaper to level him to max but now cost 70k more since championing.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    It costs 366107 iso to level a 4* from 70 to 270.