VIP Popup

Mawtful
Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I couldn't see this discussed elsewhere, and just wanted to see if it's standard behaviour.

I'm getting the VIP pop-up appearing for me every day. If I fully close and relaunch the app any time after my daily reset, I'll get greeted by a pop-up advertising the VIP program prompting me to find out more. Now I'm not a VIP and I just don't want to have to deal with the popup over and over again.

Are other non-VIPs experiencing the same thing?
Is this the way it's supposed to work (a battle of attrition - subscribe and you don't have to see this!) or should I be raising this as a bug?

Comments

• FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Well it certainly does work that way...whether or not it should is another question entirely.

I assume the devs would say nagging the user daily is a great feature...it's not though.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    It pops up for me daily as well. I will also say when the game crashes and shows no events one of the only things that does show is VIP.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I havent had the popup come up at all since purchasing the VIP. A few times I've had the disappearing event occurs. But once I go into the token store then back out it reappears
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    it is popup everyday, but i think i touch the screen about 10 000 times per day... let it be 10 001 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every day...
    No I'm not going to buy in, spamming me with it will only inspire me to stop playing
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    On Steam, fairly sure it pops up even multiple times per day (or it feels like it).

ENOUGH, I get it, the button is already all shiny and sparkly every 10 seconds on the main menu. I know it's there, stop telling me already <_<
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I believe I'm getting the pop every day, but its nothing beyond other FTP games I partake in, so I'm not bothered.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah ha! We've uncovered the real value of the VIP package!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    between the shine of the purple Join, and the twinkle of the VIP circle and sparkling of the little Gold square to buy resources... I now have a little stickly note tab in that corner so it stops pulling my eyes to the corner of the screen when I'm playing the game.

The button's right there, waving at me... I don't need a popup every time you or I reset the app.

Whatever you do, leave them bunched up there... so one sticker covers them all.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Currently am getting the pop up just after daily supply drop. But it's broken for me as it has forgotten I have already paid. So no loot or faster healing currently. Which obviously I ain't to pleased with.

Could have done with the enhanced healing rate yesterday for my under levelled starlord when completing the challenge.