Championing=Good, Dbl Iso=Great, Better Comms=Priceless

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
D3 Missed opportunity.

Players much appreciate the double iso bonus. Thank you very much. But this really highlights the biggest problem with MPQ at this time.

Lack of timely communications.

Double Iso is something that every player wants and will fully engage. Yet, this is an announcement that only comes out day of release???

I'm not saying that everything should be heralded with trumpets, but this could have been easily announced several days in advance, in the sneak peak thread by just saying.

hey heads up! ISO-8 brotherhood - Dbl iso event.

This would have let players make arrangements to engage the event as their personal schedule permits.

Now you spring this on people and force people to make last min choices between RL and double iso for a match 3 games.

This is why players **** and grumble about comms, As a suggestion, try to ease the friction associated with playing the game not increase it.

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Not judging but, if people have to seriously make choices between real life obligations and commitments and a match 3 GAME, it might be time to get some professional help...
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Yeah seriously. If double iso would have made you reschedule anything in real life, it's probably for the best that it wasn't announced earlier.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    People will definitely change their play style for double iso. But ultimately that's not the issue. This was an easy and uncontroversial thing to communicate to players that will make a real difference in how they develop their roster. And more generally they could have demonstrated a savvier understanding of how to grow their fanbase.

Specifically, any time there is a double XP event in Halo, destiny blah blah blah. everyone knows about it to the high heavens. It becomes a fun communal thing that people want to play.

But in mpq its a minor thing that only announced during the event announcement. Don't get me wrong, a year ago, we wouldn't have gotten the banner announcement and I'm glad for the better communications.

But honestly, do you sincerely think they did a great job of communicating double iso?

I really enjoy the game and its still super fun for me, thats why its so sad when basic blocking and tackling is handled so clumsily.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Phumade wrote:

But honestly, do you sincerely think they did a great job of communicating double iso?

I sincerely think d3 did everyone who would have sacrificed real life commitments a favor by not communicating it better.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Nah, advance warning means one can make arrangements to play a game and have a real life.

It's how I'm able to have a job and celebrate an anniversary every year: I don't find out about it the day of.

EDIT If this shift happened at the last minute to avoid a release during a major holiday, then well done. Still would have liked more warning.