"RNG"

We_are_Venom
We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
So lately I've noticed I've been pulling covers in batches. It started about 3 weeks ago with Falcon where with back to back standard tokens I pulled 2 of his purple which I already have 5 of. His DDQ hit netting me his 5th yellow, and that same day I pulled 2 more yellow from heroic tokens within minutes of each other.
After this it was classic Magneto, which I pulled 3 blue, which I had to sell since I had 5 and he's only got 10 covers.
Then it was 3* Daken purple and I pulled 3 of those. I already have 5.
Storm green I pulled 3, already had 5.
Daken 2* I pulled 7(!) Black within 2 hours.
Wolverine yellow 5, same day.
I pulled 5 2* cap blue the same day going 0 to 5, and pulled 3 more a day later.
I got 2* Bullseye from 94 to 103 pulling only purple over the course of a day and a half.
Today, I've pulled 6 2* marvel covers, 5 being yellow, which I already had 5 of.

This doesn't strike me as random. It feels like RNG is broken.

Roughly two weeks ago I sold 13 4* characters. 15 LT/CT later, I have every single one of them back with the only new cover being bss. It seems IMPOSSIBLE that I would consecutively pull every MF character i sold, but it happened.

Comments

• Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    There is no true random in computer programming. What is usually done is some calculation based on some time capture (when i did it, i used thousandths of a second) then run it through an algorithm that fits into a preset results list. Ie.. a random number between 1 and 10, or a cover from a pool of say 100 different covers.

Mpq may run a couple of these each time to determine which pool of prizes to pull from, then again to see which proze from that pool you get, but i digress )

If you are pulling the same covers too often (especially back to back) the non random data used to portray randomness may not be sufficient enough, and needs to be reviewed. I sent a ticket in about this a few months ago and got a canned "sorry you didnt get the cover you wanted" response.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Ikr!

Just today I got 2 Human Torch in a row: one from DDQ and one from the daily resupply. What are the odds?!?

Waitaminnit...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    From my LT tokens I have been getting a lot of Thing covers lately. The problem is he is so low on the priority list I keep selling the covers
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have not pulled a Modern Black Widow blueflag.png in over a month. She's sitting at 4 covers. I had 2 of them for TU's, sold them both during Civil War event for the roster space for Quake and Cap. When I bought the spot to replace her, I went from pulling her left and right... to pulling 4 within a day... and then nothing. She feels almost as rare as pulling a bag man anymore.

Anyone else notice a Modern Black Widow blueflag.png drought?
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    I have not pulled a Modern Black Widow blueflag.png in over a month. She's sitting at 4 covers. I had 2 of them for TU's, sold them both during Civil War event for the roster space for Quake and Cap. When I bought the spot to replace her, I went from pulling her left and right... to pulling 4 within a day... and then nothing. She feels almost as rare as pulling a bag man anymore.

Anyone else notice a Modern Black Widow blueflag.png drought?

I've never been inundated with covers for her. Venom and Hawkeye, on the other hand....
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    pulled my 5th blueflag.png Modern Black Widow today... unbelievably long drought with that cover. Glad it's finally over and I can now sell the 200 that will flow in during the next month.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sold 6 2* chars when the sell value went up. Of those 6, Cap and Hawkeye are back up to lvl 106 (25 covers?) while none of the rest have more than 10.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is not a bug or a technical issue, it's just player dissatisfaction with random results. Locking thread.
This discussion has been closed.