Yellow Passive for Rogue

Options
Spiritclaw
Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
Power Theft
0 AP (Passive) Yellow
Rogue uses a power she's "borrowed" from another character. Team-Up powers used while Rogue is active do not consume the team-up.

Like it? Hate it? Let me know what you think.

Comments

• GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    Let me get this straight: you want a passive power (no AP cost) to activate Team-Up powers? I don't know what exactly is the condition to trigger such power, and if you can spam high AP powers through Team-Up, I would say that's broken AF.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    See my rogue design here:
    viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49506

I figured you could go with a version of Rogue who didn't have full control of her power recall. In game it would be a random power of a select list of yellow powers of other 4* characters (possible also 3* characters). Ones that would work.

Because it would be random, I figured a AP discount would be warranted.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    GundamY wrote:
    Let me get this straight: you want a passive power (no AP cost) to activate Team-Up powers? I don't know what exactly is the condition to trigger such power, and if you can spam high AP powers through Team-Up, I would say that's broken AF.
    I imagine you would still have to spend the Team Up ap for it, just that you would be able to reuse it. Maybe a more balanced change would be that you can re-use the Team-Up power as much as you want during the battle but it is still consumed at the battle's end.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How does this power get better at levels 2-5?
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I should probably clarify that the first sentence was strictly flavor text.
    How does this power get better at levels 2-5?

That's a good question! I'll admit that I posted this mostly because I thought the mechanic was interesting, and it wasn't completely thought out. The idea of being able to re-use teamups certainly doesn't scale well. Here's an idea:

Level 1: While rogue is concious, her team may use team up powers more than once.
    Level 2: adds: When you make a 5 match, gain 1 team up AP.
    Level 3: 2 team up AP.
    Level 4: 3 team up AP.
    Level 5: 4 team up AP.