4* Tier Prediction

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
There's a lot of discussion on 4*s right now, I want to air a prediction in one thread to discuss.

I think the devs are racing to finish the 4* tier so they can rebalanced the game as a whole. The number I've heard most is 42, as 2 are joke characters. This number should also be pleasing to Douglas Adams fans :p

Should this be true, I expect the following:

The 4* tier will be finished off with a load of oddball comic character choices (Moon Knight and Peggy Cap support this).

The 4* tier will have dedicated support like when the 3* tier got Daily Deadpool.

New movie releases will move straight to 5* characters, pushing to make them more special and giving the films they are advertising a "WOW" factor.

Thoughts? Hopefully official comments? :p

Comments

• there are so many other Heroes out in Marvel Universum
    why they allways use the same ??
    another Cap thats so boring ....
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I hope that you're right. Although it's another Captain America, Peggy Carter is at least refreshing and her powers seem very strong as well. Hopefully we'll see more unique characters and less variations as time goes on. I also hope that the 4* tier ends at around 42 (including the joke characters) and that a new deadpool daily node is created a la the big enchilada. As it is right now with so many 4* characters, it's very hard to get one fully covered if you don't already have a few. Not saying impossible, just harder than it should be for a game that's supposed to be enjoyable.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    there are so many other Heroes out in Marvel Universum
    Oh shush. We don't have Peggy Carter in the game yet, and Peggy is awesome.
  • The Herald
    Quebbster wrote:

Can we do All Caps now? :p
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    No USAgent before Pegtain equals fail.
  • The Herald
    smkspy wrote:

No Purple Man before USAgent would have been a bigger fail :p
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    smkspy wrote:

US Agent wasn't cool even when he was supposed to be. Now, no Captain Bucky, that is a crime. He was awesome.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    smkspy wrote:

No Heimdall or Asgard pve before Pegtain equals #epicfail.

healthpack.png Peace healthpack.png
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I don't get why people think the 4* tier is close to finished. There are more 2* than 1*, more 3* than 2* and I see no reason that trend won't continue. I also don't see any reason to believe a 4* DDQ type relief is coming either.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    snlf25 wrote:
    I don't get why people think the 4* tier is close to finished. There are more 2* than 1*, more 3* than 2* and I see no reason that trend won't continue. I also don't see any reason to believe a 4* DDQ type relief is coming either.

The reason people are stating 4* tier is finished is because they remember the problems at the end of the 3* tier.

Way too many covers to obtain a complete character and a desire for meaningful progress with casual play.

DDQ fixed everyone's complaints. I mean, EVERYONE. Some call it the greatest thing that ever hit the game. Its a great solution to a problem pattern that the devs would be fools not to continue using.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    smkspy wrote:

US Agent wasn't cool even when he was supposed to be. Now, no Captain Bucky, that is a crime. He was awesome.

Yeah, I really liked Capitan Puerto Rico.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with "finishing" the 4* tier is that the game will require a major shift in order to make the 5* tier viable. New 5* releases are greeted with apathy by anyone who doesn't have a huge amount of money to spend on the game. It's now been, what 8 months after OML has been released and we're starting to see a small amount of maxxed ones (level 350 to 400 is more the norm, though) - 5* JG is a bit rarer, and that's pretty much all I see in high level PVP - no BSSM or GG worth talking about, and I've seen one guy running around with a 350ish 5* IM.

Unless they add another stream for the 5*s, more 5*s won't really bring more than a trickle of income. They may do this (and I welcome it if they do, as it will allow me to finish out my own 5*s,) but I find it more likely they'll keep introducing 1-4* characters. If they split out the tokens somehow, they can literally double the number of characters in the game.

Hopefully they'll give us more choice in our rewards - if they do this they will increase the capacity for characters by a lot. I think they missed an opportunity - if they split out all the characters by "Team Iron Man" or "Team Captain America," they could implement a system where you chose a reward based on that...
  • Iridious
    Iridious Posts: 53 Match Maker
    The Herald wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Can we do All Caps now? :p

Are you suggesting they leave Caps Lock on?
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    You need to update your pic there AES. The slot cap is an even 200 now...they still need to increase it my sandboxed account has 183 of them filled now!
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    Is there no one that thinks MPQ 2 is happening before any of these other things do?

Cashing out on a game is such an easy thing to do in the mobile world. It's gonna happen here eventually.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Tht's exacly what was going to happen.

IMHO soon.

MPQ The Sequel will start with new game modes - that's why nothing new from gameplay point is implemented here.

There will be switch/migration proposition for the whales - they try to not to loose them.
    A few free "2*" for them, tokens etc. in the "new" MPQ where meta will start with 2* max.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    an1979 wrote:
    Tht's exacly what was going to happen.

IMHO soon.

MPQ The Sequel will start with new game modes - that's why nothing new from gameplay point is implemented here.

There will be switch/migration proposition for the whales - they try to not to loose them.
    A few free "2*" for them, tokens etc. in the "new" MPQ where meta will start with 2* max.

16hep6.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator