"Simulator" difficulty

mnkykungfu
mnkykungfu Posts: 2
I know the developers have dropped the difficulty in several events before... maybe that should be done for this event to?

I'm playing with fully-powered characters, full color spread, big level advantage for my team, and still often getting my **** kicked by the computer.

I know it's bad form to complain about the jewel drops for the enemy, but it does seem terribly unbalanced somehow...

Comments

• mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    It's just a nice challenge for once, got no probs with that. It's that to everyone anyways.
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    Actually, one of the things I like about the new timerless PVE they've been testing is the way they handle difficulties. Each node starts at a certain NPC character level, and as you clear them it gets harder up to a max. After the max the amount of points generated by the node drop off.

I think the solution you are looking for is built into their new test system. I can't wait until they roll it out fulltime. I can't be on a game schedule because I have a life schedule, and I hate missing these events I WOULD be participating in such as this Peggy Carter release event.
  • 3claws
    3claws Posts: 3
    The should not make so many of the battles so unbeatable. Im playing with booted max charters and still getting dropped with 0 chance of winning. I dont mind a challenge but there really is no chance of winning alot of these . iv probly spent over 300$ in this game i would think it would be a bit easier for me. Im not sure if i want to spend any more $ if it does not help at all
  • vernr1
    vernr1 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Agreed about the new difficulty levels. They really can't get these rolled out quickly enough. Current system has become increasingly difficult as they have ramped it up to deal with stronger and stronger rosters.

Been playing for nearly 2 years, have easily spent hundreds of dollars and I feel my ability to clear missions now is less than it was a year ago at this point.

Something HAS to be done about the discrepency in 'tiers'. The current system with trivial/insane level of difficulties no longer works with championed and 5 star characters. MPQ has essentially expanded out the range of characters, and then shoe-horned the missions to try and make them fit with the new range. The mission structure NEEDS to be changed, either expanded, or scaled or something.

I am about ready to quit playing at this point since my ability to 'progress' seems to become less and less for every event. Beginning of year if I really ground out some event (you know like playing 10 hours a day or something stupid) I could manage a top 50, possibly a top 10 finish. These days that same level of grind might get me a top 200, but it won't actually get me the final play rank rewards.

My basic assumption then is that paying 20-40 dollars a month for this game (which is about what I spend) is not enough to be competitive nor to even keep my head above water. That really is too expensive for the whole PTW bracket ****. People can say what they want about 'developers eating', but really you are just fooling yourselves. This game needs a serious fix.

Vern
  • tupo_izvunzemno
    tupo_izvunzemno Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Yeah I also think the new difficulty scaling with the timeless scaling is much better. I'm new to the game and events such as the deadpool thingie now are just a waste of time for me ... I have the time, but I can't break even half the event points because it's outright impossible with my very limited roster.
    Besides that I've started keeping track of the matches the computer makes, because since this event started I have my **** handed to me by teams that are marked trivial using my best team, because they get 3-4 extra turns almost in a row every other game ... and it's not "a challenge" watching the screen go boom and then the NPCs unload a ton of powers on yor team to get the defeat screen.
    They really should update all the events' scaling, not just make it impossible to beat half the event levels.