5* characters proving you need to live more of actual life

Frigs
Frigs Posts: 35
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Playing for just over 100 days now, went hard at the civil war events and was in a fairly decent alliance, I ended up getting both 5* cap and iron man with the help of a few hoarded command points. How do I not add them to my roster, right? Well, it was the worst thing I could have ever done, the level scaling has since presented me with enemies far beyond anything I can compete with. Oh how I have considered selling them to return the game to something tolerable, but at the same time how do I throw away the most prized covers in the game? Here is how this is going to go.... I'm not an idiot, I play a lot of games and I already know how this turns out. I'll play with these 5* characters drowning me out for another 2 months, hoping I can raise the rest of my roster to an at least competitive level, in pve nonetheless, as I throw away cover after cover because I cant gain enough hero points to buy new slots for characters. Sure I could just purchase hp, but that is seriously a fools game when I'm getting punished severely for improving my roster with the highest rated covers in the game. Eventually I'll realize that there are literally thousands of games that don't punish me for getting better, or lucky for that matter. Eventually I'll realize that real life interaction with the people I know and love are more important than a game that feels the best way to get me to give them money is to make the game unbearable to play. Best part is, its summer and I got better things to do right now, in the last month I went from finishing at least top 50 to finishing top 350 because I'm not going to spend the best time of the year handcuffed to a mobile game when there is real life, fresh air, good friends, laughs, beers, and all the beautiful parts of summer we wait all winter for. This is one of the first times I could ever remember a game being responsible for showing me the importance of enjoying the summer with my friends, and I owe it all to the ridiculous level scaling MPQ implements when you add their very own 5* characters to your roster. Cheers!!!!!!

Comments

• djeternal
    djeternal Posts: 28
    Sorry I have to disagree. You are an idiot. Based on your join date you've been here for 2 months. It's very, very, very common knowledge on these boards that in the early stages (basically until you have a # of champed 3* from what I've been reading) you should NOT pull LT because getting just 1 5* will screw your scaling. I've been playing for fewer days and joined the site about 2 weeks later than you and I know this info because it's in multiple threads and posts on the boards. Iirc it's even listed in some of the guides on the site. So imo you have no one to blame but yourself. Now that said noobs that aren't on these boards I feel for them because I could see them doing the same thing as you without having this info.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    I sold my 5* cap and Phoenix and don't miss them at all. Sell them, it's not that big a deal.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    What you are saying is completely true. They are supposedly going to fix that scaling sometime by 2050. The 5* do not count when they run the tests. Now how long you will have to suffer until they make that permanent is a wild guess cause we wouldn't want any communication on the biggest problem this game has had since 5*'s were released. I know it sounds real stupid but if you can get where you have some 3* champions your scaling will be back to normal cause champion 3*'s get boosted to 5* level.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Gotta love jerks that chew you out and call you names. Oh wait this is the only game in the history of the entire history of gaming that punishes you for advancing so doing something that seams normal should not hurt you.
  • Frigs
    djeternal wrote:
    Sorry I have to disagree. You are an idiot. Based on your join date you've been here for 2 months. It's very, very, very common knowledge on these boards that in the early stages (basically until you have a # of champed 3* from what I've been reading) you should NOT pull LT because getting just 1 5* will screw your scaling. I've been playing for fewer days and joined the site about 2 weeks later than you and I know this info because it's in multiple threads and posts on the boards. Iirc it's even listed in some of the guides on the site. So imo you have no one to blame but yourself. Now that said noobs that aren't on these boards I feel for them because I could see them doing the same thing as you without having this info.

This is a more than interesting response, especially from such an excellent mathematician as yourself. So based off of your impressive math and reading skills anyone that decided to use the rewards they receive in a game "too early" is an "idiot"? And that right there is whats seriously wrong with this game. What other game works like that? Imagine playing super Mario and shrinking 10x your size if you grabbed the first mushroom you found, instead you only grew if you waited until you found 500 mushrooms? You can do all the reading on this forum you want, when you tell people that its ok that improving your roster makes the games incredibly more difficult, well sir I'm afraid you are much too wise for the likes of me. I'm cool with you resorting to childish insults towards me as I'm sure your parents are surely very proud of the person you have become. cheers!
  • djeternal
    Gotta love jerks that chew you out and call you names. Oh wait this is the only game in the history of the entire history of gaming that punishes you for advancing so doing something that seams normal should not hurt you.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you were calling me a jerk. Right? Well the only reason I stated he's an idiot is because in his op he stated " Here is how this is going to go.... I'm not an idiot, I play a lot of games and I already know how this turns out.". As I stated after that I've been here on the same boards for less time and in game less time and knew that the scaling gets out of whack just by pulling 1 5* when the rest of your roster is 1* & 2*. It really doesn't take much effort to find this info since it's all over the place. So yeah I agree with you that this game is a rare breed that punishes you for upgrading your roster; but, if you've been registered on the boards for 2 or 3 months you should have figured that out without pulling a 5*.
  • Frigs
    djeternal wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you were calling me a jerk. Right? Well the only reason I stated he's an idiot is because in his op he stated " Here is how this is going to go.... I'm not an idiot, I play a lot of games and I already know how this turns out.". As I stated after that I've been here on the same boards for less time and in game less time and knew that the scaling gets out of whack just by pulling 1 5* when the rest of your roster is 1* & 2*. It really doesn't take much effort to find this info since it's all over the place. So yeah I agree with you that this game is a rare breed that punishes you for upgrading your roster; but, if you've been registered on the boards for 2 or 3 months you should have figured that out without pulling a 5*.

this is where you are wrong, I was well aware a month before I pulled my first 5*, still doesnt make it right, still doesnt make your behavior respectable
  • djeternal
    Frigs wrote:
    djeternal wrote:

this is where you are wrong, I was well aware a month before I pulled my first 5*, still doesnt make it right, still doesnt make your behavior respectable

If you were aware a month before pulling a 5* then why were you opening LT taking the chance of pulling a 5* and screwing your scaling? That makes 0 sense. And if you read my posts I never said the scaling issues are right or ok but it's a part of the game and a well know part of the game as evidenced by you stating you knew a month before you pulled a 5*.
  • Frigs
    djeternal wrote:
    Frigs wrote:
    djeternal wrote:

If you were aware a month before pulling a 5* then why were you opening LT taking the chance of pulling a 5* and screwing your scaling? That makes 0 sense. And if you read my posts I never said the scaling issues are right or ok but it's a part of the game and a well know part of the game as evidenced by you stating you knew a month before you pulled a 5*.

oh gee, I dont know, maybe because I wanted better characters? like is this a real life conversation we are having right now? Oh my bad, let me play this game for a year and a half before I open any of my prizes, how foolish was I, right?
  • djeternal
    Frigs wrote:
    oh gee, I dont know, maybe because I wanted better characters? like is this a real life conversation we are having right now? Oh my bad, let me play this game for a year and a half before I open any of my prizes, how foolish was I, right?

Yes foolish of you. You knew the way the game was set up and still went ahead and pulled LTs knowing the chance you were taking. Then when it bites you in the rear you come on here and rant about how awful it is when you knew the chance you were taking all along. Again not saying it's a good system but it is what it is at this point and you knew better.
  • Frigs
    djeternal wrote:
    Frigs wrote:

Yes foolish of you. You knew the way the game was set up and still went ahead and pulled LTs knowing the chance you were taking. Then when it bites you in the rear you come on here and rant about how awful it is when you knew the chance you were taking all along. Again not saying it's a good system but it is what it is at this point and you knew better.

lol, most intelligent thing you've said all night "not saying its a good system". you already know how awful it is, yet you attack others and call them names for expressing their opinions about the very things you agree with. you see this is what I was talking about when I brought up awful parenting, but you are just another product of the modern world I suppose, no real fault of your own I guess if you dont want to be a rational member of society. I mean after all your parents didn't teach you any better.
  • djeternal
    Frigs wrote:
    djeternal wrote:
    Frigs wrote:

lol, most intelligent thing you've said all night "not saying its a good system". you already know how awful it is, yet you attack others and call them names for expressing their opinions about the very things you agree with. you see this is what I was talking about when I brought up awful parenting, but you are just another product of the modern world I suppose, no real fault of your own I guess if you dont want to be a rational member of society. I mean after all your parents didn't teach you any better.

Thanks for the laugh. I almost spit my beer on my laptop. And btw no not awful parenting and I'm not a "product of the modern world" as you state. I'm actually probably older than you are. But hey enjoy your summer with your friends instead of playing this game. No really I mean that...enjoy your summer.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I was going to read the thread but then I saw the OP was a huge ridiculous wall of text and didn't.
  • Frigs
    djeternal wrote:
    Frigs wrote:
    djeternal wrote:
    Frigs wrote:

Thanks for the laugh. I almost spit my beer on my laptop. And btw no not awful parenting and I'm not a "product of the modern world" as you state. I'm actually probably older than you are. But hey enjoy your summer with your friends instead of playing this game. No really I mean that...enjoy your summer.

you can divert it anyway you want, your parents are directly responsible for the person you are right now, and if you ask me they did kind of an awful job, regardless of either of our ages. Should you be proud? Absolutely not, but thats something I could never help you with.
  • Fratriarch
    Fratriarch Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Don't mind me, I'm just observing a guy that called somebody an idiot for wanting enjoyment out of a game.

giphy.gif
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fratriarch wrote:
    Don't mind me, I'm just observing a guy that called somebody an idiot for wanting enjoyment out of a game.

giphy.gif
    Dang you beat me to this.

Mind sharing your popcorn?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woah! I haven't seen such a heated exchange of words on the forum in quite sometime! I am locking this thread before it warps into the "Yo Mama" zone. Since Frigs and djeternal are relatively new here, I am going to let you both off with a verbal warning and remind you that insults and being disrespectful are against forum rule number 6 (the rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4). Any further infractions of this nature will result in either a warning and/or a ban. Let us be cool with one another. And although it's a bit late, welcome to the forum!

Your friendly neighborhood fight4thedream ゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v
This discussion has been closed.