New 2*s or 3*s?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
It's so fun to level up a 2* or a 3* from 0 to champion very quickly. It would be fun if they released new 2*s or 3*s every few months, just for variety.

Make them glass cannons, like 2* Storm! Powerful attacks but low hit points, something different from our current crop of characters. And it would be fun to easily be able to make them usable within just a few weeks, instead of needing to take years, like with 4*s!

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    You may think that sounds fun, but the more low-tier characters there are, the harder it is for people to collect them, which makes it harder to transition to higher tiers. (E.g. doubling the 2 stars would double the time it takes to level and max champion them).

The sell back prices for 2 stars are very good; selling a max champion only wastes a small amount of ISO (roughly 10K) which is paid back in HP, CP, and heroic tokens. If you are really craving variety, sell your max champs and level up a new, different set. You might be surprised at how decent some of the non top 5 characters are (or maybe not, maybe you have everyone already).

I've been beating the DDP 2nd and 3rd nodes with just Hawkeye and Bullseye and it is definitely different than it was with Storm, OBW, Ares. Mix it up; try playing with under-appreciated characters like Cap and Ms. Marvel (if you can use the covers they drop). But we really don't want the devs to introduce more trash to slow down the champ/sell cycle.

Side note: I do actually think there's room in the "3 star meta" for one or two more characters, to fill out underdeveloped strategy pathways. Thanks to the champion system, 3 stars can remain viable in to the later game (ex. Iron Fist and IM40) if they are built well. I specced a Drax a while back (can be found in my sig link) that addressed some of my meta desires, but an even cleaner solution might be to overhaul some of the worst 3-stars to shake things up a little. I will think about this and maybe post more in the character speculation forum.
  • Long ago I have almost all the 2* champs but there are some rotten potatoes among em. For instance ares can be good, his green rocked back then... now you fear that green feeds enemy ap like crazy. Moonstone unreliable. Repeated champs like Daken, Thor or Torch? Why bother you wont use em never again. I focus the 2* to a total of 5 that have some unique abilitys (6 included Ares but sold him recently b/c never use him and I don't do much pve lately)

2* champs with unique abilities that worth keep: Storm, Magneto, Wolverine, and Hawkeye. Still have black widow but I don't use her and shes obsolete for me.

3*... if people use em is because they are forced to being used on pvp. They are great and ez to get. Idont mind a few new ones but also if champ isn't buffed he will became whale's poop. Besides is a reality that mpq don't want the 3* to complete against the 4*. Some 3* are re re re nerfed while others are wheelchaired like sentry.

Reduce your 2* crew to get slots for new hero.
    Keep your 3* staff for dirtlow pvp (400 pts or less), buffed pvp or ddq.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Hm, i dunno... i am glad i championed all 3*s... dont want nor need more 3*s, to be honest. BUT, if i should choose whether 4*, 3* or 2* will be introduced, i would prefer 2* or 3* (only because they need less ISO than 4*).