Fourth of July Sale?

thisone
thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
To celebrate American independence, and to commiserate British independence I was wondering if there were plans for a sale the weekend before, and including, 4th of July?

Since I'm starting a new job on the 4th too, with a new bigger salary, would also be nice to splash a little cash. Seems the rng gods need a tribute icon_twisted.gif

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    They almost never announce upcoming sales, so it might happen, but you probably won't know until it does.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who cares about a sale.. 4th of July Sparkly Victory Screens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thisone
    As the VIPs VIP, I'd assumed the sparkly victory screens came with the package Malcrof icon_e_smile.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    To celebrate American independence, and to commiserate British independence I was wondering if there were plans for a sale the weekend before, and including, 4th of July?

Since I'm starting a new job on the 4th too, with a new bigger salary, would also be nice to splash a little cash. Seems the rng gods need a tribute icon_twisted.gif

Why commiserate British independence? The nation voted and the majority decided they no longer wished to bow to the bureaucrats in Brussels and wished to guide their own future. Surely those in the USA emphasises with other nations who no longer wish to be ruled by governments other than their own?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Why commiserate British independence? The nation voted and the majority decided they no longer wished to bow to the bureaucrats in Brussels and wished to guide their own future. Surely those in the USA emphasises with other nations who no longer wish to be ruled by governments other than their own?

Presumably he meant commiserate the half of the country who didn't vote leave and would you really try and class roughly 14% of UK laws originating from the EU as bowing to Brussels?
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:

(empathizes)

I don't speak for anyone but myself, but I give a metaphorical high-five to whomever would be my British counterpart.

I am a little worried what it means for my mortgage, though.

As far as a sale - I know they usually run a 30% bonus around Christmas. I think they've done similarly for July 4 in the past. Hold your cash until then and if it doesn't happen... well, that's up to you. The VIP looks like a pretty good deal to me. I'm itching to buy it, but then I'd have to explain to my wife why I'm spending iTunes money on a game I don't get to play that much anymore (my kids have started monopolizing that particular tablet. Darn kids. <shaking fist animation>)
  • thisone
    Linkster79 wrote:
    thisone wrote:

I'm from the UK actually, and I don't think the pound being in the toilet and the prospect of Boris Johnson as PM is very good news personally.

Sure, Brussels won't have input to how we run things but the opposite is equally true. Scotland and Northern Ireland are already wanting out the union. But this is a light hearted thread and i'm not going to bog it down any further.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    If we're going to keep the thread light, we had better shed a few pounds.

(Seriously, though, I think leaving the EU is an awful idea and I am sad that so many people are going to be hurt by it.)
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    The people who won the vote were largely elderly and uneducated (official figures not mine )

Personally as an educated employee of the nhs I was seriously considering leaving the UK before the vote and taking my expertise where it's needed rather than where it can be afforded, now I am moving in 2017 to france - health care should be available to everyone not just those that can pay.

I didn't vote to leave.

Anyway... I agree. We should get a sale.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Hey, hey, hey! Keep your politics off my forum! That stuff belongs on Facebook, where you're actually going to change everyone else's mind!

For the record, I vote "sale." A $5 Logan's Loonies, perhaps.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    What you are not considering is that the office is closed on 7/4.  So if there were to be a sale, it should be up now.  They don't implement new stuff on holidays.

Last year they ran a Peggy PVP with extra (2) covers in progression as their celebration.  A normal one this time.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Idk why people still want to spend on MPQ
  • thisone
    bluewolf said:
    What you are not considering is that the office is closed on 7/4.  So if there were to be a sale, it should be up now.  They don't implement new stuff on holidays.

Last year they ran a Peggy PVP with extra (2) covers in progression as their celebration.  A normal one this time.
    You mean last year when this topic was posted? :D
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    fmftint said:
    Not everyone is as bitter about the game as some people in these forums.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Not everyone is as bitter about the game as some people in these forums.
    Hell, I'm bitter, but I don't begrudge other people who aren't. It's a futile endeavor.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

The Peggy pvp tokens only have Peggy as possible 4. That's the equivalent of that this year.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone said:
    bluewolf said:

You mean last year when this topic was posted? :D
    Man, I got taken in by a zombie thread.  Happy 4th!