Current 2*->3* and 3*->4* Transitioners: How are things now?

13»

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 598, and I've managed to champ or fully level 6 4*s, and fully cover 7 more. (NB: 3 of those are IW, Star-Lord and Elektra) I've been almost exclusively f2p until this month, when I bought into VIP with Google Rewards credit.

I've also got a 4/2/2 lvl 375 OML, and 2/5/5 lvl 250 rhulk. I credit those two with breaking me into the 4* tier in pvp. I also managed to get to 5 blue Professor X covers, which unlocked winfinite, which made pve a lot easier.

Originally, I wrote out a long, detailed accounting of how I managed to champion my first 4*, but long story short: I chased every LT I could when they became available, opened a ton when champions debuted, and was very lucky that my pulls clustered on a few, high-value characters.

With a few exceptions, pvp is much, much easier with any boosted 4* champion. Some people counsel others to save their iso for a top tier 4*, but my first two were Nick Fury and Ant Man, and I don't for a second regret champing them while waiting for HB and Iceman covers. They let me climb way higher before shielding, hit 1k consistently and take down unboosted, top tier characters easily.

tl;dr: keep pulling tokens until you can champ a 4*, win while they're boosted to earn more 4* covers