a modest request for new cover releases

abmoraz
abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
For as far back as I can remember, every new character released has involved a Saturday event. Now, I understand some of the events are 7-days, so it's inevitable in those cases, but there are plenty that get released in 3 and 4 day events, yet those events always seem to go over a weekend. When was the last time a new cover was released on a Monday-Thursday event? I'm struggling to think of one.

Full disclosure: my alliance is semi-casual and made up of a bunch of friends that comprise the local bar/restaurant workers where the weekend consists of double shifts or "clopens" (closing shift one night until 2:30am, be back at 9am for the opening prep). Saturday releases really hamper us (especially when they come in the alliance events like Ultron, Civil War, and Galactus) as roughly half our members are working their "big money" shifts on Saturdays. It's not unusual for us to have full alliance play Monday-Thursday, but to see members missing Friday through Sunday or just getting the DDP done.

I'm not asking for all events to be on the other days, but to toss us a bone every now and then and vary the releases. Statistically, you'd think that at least one of the releases in the last 6ish months would've fallen entirely on weekdays, but that is not the case.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like it, because I hate new release events, so it means I get to take the weekend off icon_lol.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not enough holidays fall on the weekdays, so D3 can't make us grind through yet another holiday if the event falls only during the week.
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I agree with the weekend new release schedule. I don't think there has ever been a new release PVE that hasn't started on Thursday. Weekends are my money days as well and makes it difficult for me as well.

My bigger gripe is that they drop new releases on HOLIDAY weekends. EVERY holiday weekend for as long as I can remember had a new release, starting with 4* Thor over the Thanksgiving weekend and lately with Memorial Day. I'm sure they have another release for the 4th of July next week. Apparently developers think we play their game more than work, family, and friends.

I'll be okay with it, not only because I must be, but because I've given up on caring if I get a new release character or not because ISO is so SCARCE, even if I got the covers, I couldn't level them. (I currently have five 4*s fully covered sitting at lvl 70, and Quake who is covered 4/4/4)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    July 4th and Thanksgiving etc are US only holidays.. so most of the world will be fine for releases on those.

My issue's are the weekdays during release events, no way with a 2 hour commute and a full time job i have a prayer on any of those days to do more than get my cp and get out.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a less modest request: Double ISO on ALL new release events.

That way, it makes the grind feel more worthwhile and if you end up at 101, at least you got a bunch of iso.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I have a less modest request: Double ISO on ALL new release events.

That way, it makes the grind feel more worthwhile and if you end up at 101, at least you got a bunch of iso.

Make new releases even more of a bloodbath? . . . I like your moxie
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    New release inbound, running Sun-Thurs, not over July 4th wknd.

Unless, of course, there is a back-to-back release in the works icon_twisted.gif

Yeah... either the Devs saw my request and hastily moved it, or a year of patience wasn't enough and I need a year and 1 week icon_e_smile.gif