Devil Dinosaur - Worth keeping in roster?

Options
veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Am i blind or Devil Dinosaur is NOT obtainable from any token in shop (including LTs)?
I have 6 cards in him, but should i keep him?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    depends on how much you value performing during anniversary week, where I'm willing to bet we'll have dino and howard pvps again and he'll be boosted and in tokens. he's fun and can spam that purple for unique teams (kk, carnage, oml, etc.). but not terribly useful as a damage dealer. many roster him. many don't. I don't but totally understand those who do.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You're not blind. DD is a trophy character from the first anniversary festivities, and not generally available in tokens. He got trotted out during 2nd anniversary in some tokens, and even had a DDQ 4* battle against Squirrel Girl.

Long story short, he gets an event once a year. Unless you spend heavily on token packs, you're unlikely to fully cover him for a very long time.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So hit my one year mark and now faced with this delimma. Got 3 covers, but they're worthless cause I'll never use him and gaining additional covers is impossible except for anniversary events...and judging by the last anniversary it was even harder to get those covers.

3000 iso vs a roster spot. I like having every character that I can roster, but still, it's logic over wanting a full roster.

don't know what to do...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    So hit my one year mark and now faced with this delimma. Got 3 covers, but they're worthless cause I'll never use him and gaining additional covers is impossible except for anniversary events...and judging by the last anniversary it was even harder to get those covers.

3000 iso vs a roster spot. I like having every character that I can roster, but still, it's logic over wanting a full roster.

don't know what to do...

If you carry him to the next anniversary and they run his 4* DDQ again, a 4-5 cover DD can pretty reliably win you the legendary token against Squirrel Girl--so you're really only 1-2 covers away if you think about it that way. You need a little luck on your board, but it's very winnable (I did with a level 107 DD last year and only 1 or 2 covers in red & green). If you decide you don't want him after that, you're only "wasting" the roster spot for a few months.

Personally I use Devil Dinosaur frequently on PVE trivial nodes, so maybe I'm not entirely the right guy to ask... icon_e_smile.gif
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Does devil dino get boosted at all. I don't remember ever seeing him boosted. Mine is at 10 cover. I got really lucky draws during the anniversary but I guess not lucky enough to get 13 covers of him.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only during anniversary events.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dsds wrote:
    Does devil dino get boosted at all. I don't remember ever seeing him boosted. Mine is at 10 cover. I got really lucky draws during the anniversary but I guess not lucky enough to get 13 covers of him.
    Only during anniversary events.

Yeah, even in his loaner node in "The Hunt" PVE he doesn't get boosted.
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    They really need to fix his damage a bit and add him to the regular packs. I have him champed because there was a time when he was the only 4 star character I had fully covered. Now he sits at level 270, seldom to be used. It's sad, really.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    edgewriter wrote:
    They really need to fix his damage a bit and add him to the regular packs. I have him champed because there was a time when he was the only 4 star character I had fully covered. Now he sits at level 270, seldom to be used. It's sad, really.

Does he get any special champion progression rewards like Bag-Man does with his final Legendary token reward?
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I keep Devil Dino in my for the sole reason that it is simply fun to play with a friggin dinosaur. I think we sometimes get so concerned with the meta that we forget to have fun, and every time I see him and think of his goofy little arm animation, I have to smile. To me that's worth the roster slot.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used Dino, Carnage, and Kamala as a defensive team in pvp once just to annoy people.