Puzzle Warriors 3 Episode #44!

XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We discuss current events as well as:

* Full MOON KNIGHT details.
* "VIP" details
* Super Vision is no more ... back to normal.
* Some bugs included in the latest patch.
* And, this week featured character : Devil Dino!

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e44.html

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    Listening now while at work and watching the BBC reporting the EU referendum. And working.

Arne Saknussemm = character mentioned in Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

And Devil Dinosaur is fun to play with Carnage and Doctor Octopus. He also costs less ISO to level than "normal" 4* characters. <edit> Damn, as aesthetocyst says lower down, there was a change to his levelling, and is no longer cheaper. At least, my level 230 needs 3387 for level 231, the same as everyone else.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    3k in a PVP is actually pretty common, and kinda low for an event these days!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    3k in a PVP is actually pretty common, and kinda low for an event these days!
    this is really slice dependent, but in the ever popular slice 4, very common. i don't think it happens in the others though. I've finished outside the t50 with 1900 in 4 before, but not normally. usually that puts me around 35-40.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    In my experience, 3k is relatively high for slice 1-3 and 5. In slice 4, it's a score that will usually be good enough for top 25 or even top 10, but don't expect to win a bracket with 3.5k.

~2K is generally necessary to win most brackets, unless you join the last few hours.

And re: 4* rankings

The consensus top 5 is usually (in no particular order)
    Cyclops
    Jean grey
    Imhb
    Red hulk
    Iceman

The second tier is a bit more contentious, but generally includes
    thing
    Xpool
    Carnage (less so nowadays as his defensive value is going down in a world with regular 25k+ health. He is in his way out)
    Ghost Rider (that black is awesome for 5*s, otherwise meh)
    X-23 (passive true healing!)
    4*thor (arguably even higher, but only with im40)

And some 2016 releases will be first or second tier when the dust settles
    Nova
    Quake
    Punisher
    Kate bishop
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    The second tier is a bit more contentious, but generally inclue
    thing
    Xpool
    Carnage
    Ghost Rider (that black is awesome for 5*s)
    I've not seen GR and carnage consistently put up there, but 4thor and x23 i think deserve consideration. vhail is right that tier 2 is much more subjective/contentious.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks Moose. Fixed now!

X-23 and 4*thor were oversights

Carnage is a legacy pick, but I have added context to note that he going down in the ranks as time passes.

Ghost Rider is an oddball. He isn't great on his own. But as I noted that black power is almost perfect for the 5* tier. Pair him with OML for lots of fun. Enemy 5* match damage can hit 10k after just a handful of turns, so pennance stare at 5 becomes beastly. He is useful almost entirely for 5* transition and boss battles. Dunno if that constitutes a second tier character, but is someone I hear discussed in that second tier of "4*s to champ if. . ." while the first tiers are the "champ as soon as maxed" crowd.

And I forgot my manners! Thanks for the content XaOs et al! I continue to want more detailed discussion of the elder meta-game and roster building strategies and resource deployment, but that probably says more about me than it does about your enjoyable podcast.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Good episode. To clarify the Devil Dino gender issue, I believe he's always been male, but was originally paired with Moon Boy (a caveman child). That new cover they used for the Women of Power month was from the new series, which paired Dino with a modern day Moon Girl, hence its inclusion in that gender specific event.

And rest in peace Super Vision.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I threw this in on the Reddit comments to the episode, but this should be a permalink to the Discord server:

https://discord.gg/014MgUwumeN8Q0Rnl

(I'm still relatively new to Discord as a platform and still haven't managed to convince it that the default invitation length should be permanent instead of expiring somewhen.)
  • Great show guys! I just found it a few weeks ago and finished up the backlog yesterday. Keep up the good work.