How about 2/3/4* hybrid PvPs?

ViralCore
ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
In the boss battles, we have nodes that let us use any variation of the same character (ex. the Spiderman Essential let us use any Spiderman in your roster). It would be great if we could do this in PvP as well. It would make it more interesting for us vets who have mature rosters but rarely get to use 90% of it. It would also give newer players the ability to test drive 3* and 4* loaners. Newer players could also use their maxed/champed/buff 2* (ex. Captain America) as the essential, which could easily be much more powerful than their under-covered 3* version (ex. Lazy Cap).

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Valentine's Day pvp allowed for both 3* and 4* dp, and it was great.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:

Except that you had to use the 3* version roughly 2/3s of the time.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

Except that you had to use the 3* version roughly 2/3s of the time.

2/3 is better than 3/3 though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    once they hit 40 4s and finalize all the pairings for champ feeding, they could pair each of those into a pvp event. I'd love that concept.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like this, but we need analogous characters for those that don't carry across tiers. Like maybe KK and Jean are determined to be 'paired' due to shared colors. Maybe they go with champ feeders (which then need to be updated to a 1x1), I dont know. But there are a fair amount of characters that would need a buddy.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Meander wrote:
    I'd like this, but we need analogous characters for those that don't carry across tiers. Like maybe KK and Jean are determined to be 'paired' due to shared colors. Maybe they go with champ feeders (which then need to be updated to a 1x1), I dont know. But there are a fair amount of characters that would need a buddy.

Not a bad idea but could over complicate things. Not ever PvP would have it; making those that do, so much more interesting and fun.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    ViralCore wrote:
    Meander wrote:

Not a bad idea but could over complicate things. Not ever PvP would have it; making those that do, so much more interesting and fun.

Fair enough. And I think it goes without saying, no 5*s. It doesn't seem fair bringing an OML to a patch fight. I don't think anyone would mind an XFW though.