Event Suggestion: Iso 8 the lack of iso...

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok so some of the most common complaints are; lack of iso, lack of new events and lack of iso ...I know, I said that twice.

So why not have a brand new event where the only prize is iso .

Maybe something like...

1-2 = 20k iso
3-5 = 10k iso
6-10= 8k iso
11-50= 4k iso
51-200= 3k iso

Etc

Even the sub rewards could be tokens which pull from an all iso vault.

We need more iso but the devs don't want to just give it away so let us earn it in the brand new iso event

*Iso 8 the Lack of Iso*

Thoughts people? I've included a poll to see if people would be interested.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still want the CPs, but apart from those, yeah, I am all in for an event with everything else being iso rewards.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    This is a great suggestion. I'd be happy if they added proposed Iso-8 tokens to all events. We need something like that.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cp and tokens for the vault..

Mod note.. will move to suggestions or events 06/24
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Voted Maybe.

most iso comes from grinding the nodes, rather than placement rewards. And that would remain true even with the stated value (unless you could finish in the top 5+ range). I would rather see the Crit boosts replaced with 1k across the board (worst to first for these prizes! everyone would grind for them). And all 70 or 100 ISO prizes should jump up to 200. I think that would have a much larger effect
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this, I would play this. But the true answer is still to make PvE either 1.5 or 2x the current values.

There's a finite amount of iso to be earned from PvE, so farming risks aren't there like they could be for PvP.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Voted no. I don't think this is the way to fix the iso shortage, especially since the top rewards are already going towards the whales.

I think a better solution is to change all the rewards to get the next previous tier as well. So for example, if you place 11-20, you'll still get the 2* covers from 201-400 and the 3 standard tokens from 401-800. This should also help in speeding up 2* champ recycling, especially if those standards also give you 2*s.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. The Rich would get Richer.

Want to put all those rewards on a progression rather than competitive basis? Sign me up!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would give up cp, tokens and covers for one event for significantly boosted iso prizes, sure.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    We could have different events that provide different prizes. One could be ISO-heavy, one could be token-heavy, one could be CP-heavy and so forth. Variety is the king!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think one of the easiest ways would be to simply lower the cost of iso it takes to level characters. Either that or lower the cost of boosted characters each week while boosted, it'd give people incentive to invest in character they otherwise might not.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I voted no, just like any new releases, it will become a mad house for the top spots.

I'm probably the only one that may feel the iso is ok at this rate, maybe a little more like the double ISO event. But too much of it, will ruin this game. I can't imagine going up against maxed teams all the time in PVP, than the scaling will be out of whack. This whole game will be like the PVP event where everyone is at level 550. that's no fun. I don't have 30 minutes to do one match. I've managed to save 615k iso right now. waiting for the right time to do it, knowing this will mess with the scaling and the PVP matchups.

Keep the iso flow as-is but multiple it by 4 for each event. Instead of 70 > get 280, instead of 500, get 2k. thats it. no new event, no progression, no special event. Fix the ISO on PVP. Half my alliance do not play PVE. So just my two cents.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm thanks for the responses.

Perhaps a better fix would be to make it a progression only event (like gauntlet) with increasing difficulty for better iso prizes.

Say 45k to earn in total.

Rich get richer is something I hate but at this point I don't really care if the upper echelons get more as I'll never compete with them anyway, I'd rather just try to improve my position instead of trying to improve my position relative to others - that's a far harder challenge
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted no. At my point in progression I need covers much more than ISO.
    However, it would be nice if they made an event like this parallel to the normal events so all the vets would go chase ISO and I had a decent chance to place for covers. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    I think one of the easiest ways would be to simply lower the cost of iso it takes to level characters. Either that or lower the cost of boosted characters each week while boosted, it'd give people incentive to invest in character they otherwise might not.

They did this in april 2015. Combined with the introduction of 3* ddq a month earlier, it seemed like a really clear indication that demiurge wanted to democratize the 3* tier in anticipation of switching to a 4* meta (which they did later that summer).

I don't understand why they haven't made similar changes at the 4* level now that the 5*s are about 9 months old. Maybe they feel like they lost too much revenue by introducing 3* ddq and lowering the leveling cost for 3*s? That might explain why they have been so reluctant to address the RNG nature of 4*/5* roster building and the massive iso gap that exists in the 4* and 5* tier.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I would only play this event if it was purely a progression reward structure. Even then, I think the structure would probably need a change.

1. I would make all of the enemies Iso-based.

Like fighting crystallized versions of characters with a multitude of different abilities. Not unlike Ultron goons, but with different flavors. Not like symbiotes though.

2. I would make it a 7-day event.

To justify the amount of iso you could win.

3. I would make it tiered.

For difficulty/rewards standards.

4. Distribute iso based on max spending amounts of fully covered characters.

It's about 65.5k iso to max a 2*, ~120k for a 3, and ~370k for a 4. Through the total progression, I would say that you could earn up to 1/4 (1/2?) of the iso it would take to max a 2/3/4 based on an easy/normal/hard mode. This is with the idea that you could somewhat earn, potentially, enough iso/resources to max a single 4* every month. With 2 new 4* a month, you would still be playing catch up, but you could make some headway on a stagnant roster.

5. Make it play at your own pace, and only offer it once a month, preferably during a new release.

This way you don't over saturate the iso market AND you won't require a brand new 4* to be required for the event. Plus, doing it over a 7-day period should make it relatively easier to hit max progression.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I voted yes, but I'd prefer something totally different.

A single wave node PVE that gives ISO for each wave completed.

Waves Breakdown (always 3 characters/wave)
    1: 50 iso8.png (Level 15 minions)
    2: 100 iso8.png (Level 30 minions)
    3: 150 iso8.png (Level 50 minions)
    4: 200 iso8.png (Level 75 mix)
    5: 250 iso8.png (Level 100 mix)
    6: 300 iso8.png (Level 150 mix)
    7: 350 iso8.png (Level 200 mix)
    8: 500 iso8.png (Level 250 mix)
    9: 750 iso8.png (Level 300 mix)
    10+: 1000 iso8.png (Level 350 (increasing 50 levels each time with no cap) with at least 1 5*)

This would be available once a day, and the wave only ends when you're dead or you quit! So you have to decide, if you're roster is good enough to go through all these nodes multiple times, how much ISO is worth 3 health packs?