If VIP gave you double ISO would you buy it?

Darknes21
Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just a General question not a suggestion!

If VIP gave you double ISO would you buy it?

Mod Edit: Poll created at OP request
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    For double ISO, I would pay $10/month, even if being a VIP gave you nothing else.

That could easily be over 100k ISO a week.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Would be the best thing ever
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    For double ISO, I would pay $10/month, even if being a VIP gave you nothing else.

That could easily be over 100k ISO a week.

This right here.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Yes please!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    what if it gave you the ability to change cover colours.

and a guaranteed 5* cover.
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I'd be in for double Iso
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double the iso it currently gives (so about 20k) or a global double iso boost?

I would definitely not buy VIP for 20k iso.

But double iso for a month would definitely tempt me.

Counterquestion: if VIP have a 25% iso boost instead of 25% faster healing, would it be tempting?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Yes.

Also, this would have been the prefect opportunity to use a poll.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    No. As is, we should be getting more iso on the regular because of the massive amount of iso debt we have on our rosters. So no, I would not pay for that.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Don't know how to make a poll...but if someone wants to, go ahead! If it turns out well I'll make a post in the suggestion section on the forum (the section no one reads) so The Dev's can read it (hahahahahahah)!
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Do you want the game to be pay to play? Because that is how you get it to be pay to play. If the vip rewards are so good that it would seriously cripple your play not to buy it then it basically becomes mandatory to buy it. If you want to have more iso this is not the way to do it.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope.

I still want - need - something that will help me progress into 4* land that doesn't involve RNG/grinding/shield-hopping.

If they created a new token that gave you a 4* cover of your choice and included a couple of those, well then...
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double Iso? Yep, I'd buy in for that. The only other thing I'd buy in isolation would be the ability to turn off banners and animations. icon_cool.gif

On a different note, all the people posting in here about how double Iso would make it pay-to-win? Take off your tinfoil hats, you waterheads. Seriously. It would change almost nothing except giving the high-level players one less thing to complain about, and then not even. Sure, everyone (myself included) has this imaginary "Iso-debt." But it's only because we want to have all our characters leveled.

Here's a simple test to see if you need more Iso:
    1. Do you have Logan leveled? (soft cap counts)
    2. Do you have any other 5* characters leveled? (soft cap counts)
    3. Do you have two or more of the top five 4* (Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, Hulkbuster, Rulk) leveled?
    4. Do you have two or more of the top five 3* characters (Iron Fist, Cyclops, Kamala Khan, IM40, Hood) leveled?
    5. Are you putting Iso into anyone other than the aforementioned characters?

If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you don't need more Iso, you want more Iso. We all want more Iso. Getting any combination of the characters listed puts you squarely in the competitive sphere for your level of play. Everything else, and I mean everything else, is just Pokemon fever talking. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who does. I can tell you, I have Logan and Phoenix in a playable state and I can count on one hand the times I've used another character. Prior to that it was Cyclops and JG all day and all night. The point is, those characters are the effective goal and everything else is just window dressing. There is no functional difference between having only those characters sorted and having every character sorted. So don't try to pretend that doubling Iso would create this insurmountable obstacle for the F2P players.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    El Satanno wrote:
    Double Iso? Yep, I'd buy in for that. The only other thing I'd buy in isolation would be the ability to turn off banners and animations. icon_cool.gif

On a different note, all the people posting in here about how double Iso would make it pay-to-win? Take off your tinfoil hats, you waterheads. Seriously. It would change almost nothing except giving the high-level players one less thing to complain about, and then not even. Sure, everyone (myself included) has this imaginary "Iso-debt." But it's only because we want to have all our characters leveled.

Here's a simple test to see if you need more Iso:
    1. Do you have Logan leveled? (soft cap counts)
    2. Do you have any other 5* characters leveled? (soft cap counts)
    3. Do you have two or more of the top five 4* (Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, Hulkbuster, Rulk) leveled?
    4. Do you have two or more of the top five 3* characters (Iron Fist, Cyclops, Kamala Khan, IM40, Hood) leveled?
    5. Are you putting Iso into anyone other than the aforementioned characters?

If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you don't need more Iso, you want more Iso. We all want more Iso. Getting any combination of the characters listed puts you squarely in the competitive sphere for your level of play. Everything else, and I mean everything else, is just Pokemon fever talking. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who does. I can tell you, I have Logan and Phoenix in a playable state and I can count on one hand the times I've used another character. Prior to that it was Cyclops and JG all day and all night. The point is, those characters are the effective goal and everything else is just window dressing. There is no functional difference between having only those characters sorted and having every character sorted. So don't try to pretend that doubling Iso would create this insurmountable obstacle for the F2P players.

Well said. I completely agree that double iso vip would not drive a huge wedge between paid and ftp. They can easily level the top teirs with current flows.

And truly they wouldnt have to do the double Iso every month. They can just swap out the bonuses from cycle to cycle.like come up with a 3rd or 4th bonus and just rotate every 28 days.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely not. First, I will not pay for an obligation. If they sold a monthly doubler, I would feel like I should be grinding every scrap of ISO available, lest my purchase be wasted. And after that 15 node grind hell PvE test, I know a sustained month of feeling like I need to grind more would burn me out on this game for good.

Second, as others have said, this should be part of the game, for free. They have created a problem in hopes people will be so desperate that they'll buy their way out. That is **** design, and shouldn't be rewarded.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    no. 2x **** still equals ****. more iso should be the standard and not a luxury.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ryudoz wrote:
    No. As is, we should be getting more iso on the regular because of the massive amount of iso debt we have on our rosters. So no, I would not pay for that.

Thats a fair response. Just be careful, you might soon find that this is the cost of entry for competitive play.

I think a very very large percentage of the community would pay for a persistent iso modifier.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    no. 2x **** still equals ****. more iso should be the standard and not a luxury.

I guess that's the glass half-empty point of view. The glass half-full PoV would be that it would take half as much time to champ your roster.

But to echo another poster, hell no! This shouldn't be tied to a purchase. And then, even if I paid for double iso, that's only going to compulse me into playing too much. That's the last thing I need!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love double ISO - but each time I see this suggestion I think : why isn't double iso a thing that already exists for everyone, to encourage new players to sign up and have a chance to level the over 100 characters they'll soon have?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would help in me renewing next month that is for sure. I only signed up because I'm testing whether you get that extra LT every month or if it's a one time thing.