Championing 1*s a.k.a ISO farming

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
1* covers are complete trash - no doubts about it. I only have level 20 juggernout for DDQ.
With enhanced selling price of fully championed cover, and 2* covers sold almost without penalty i come with an idea that could turn 1* covers into something little more useful in fights, plus turn them into an ISO farm.

So, at max level, you will be able to champion 1* covers for 2500ISO. Max level will be 65 (for 2 color variant) or respectively 75 (for 3 color variant)
Among 25 champion levels, there will be distributed 25 golds, 2 standart tokens, 1 elite token and 1 heroic token and 2500 ISO.

Selling price of fully championed 1* cover will be 25 000ISO + 25HP (2 color variant) or 35 000ISO + 25HP (3 color variant).

This idea might seem as some garbage that should give ISO and HP to players for nothing, but if you think about it, its not such a dramatic change.
1* covers, despite of being pretty frequent, are needed in huge amount for a pretty small reward:
For selling 13 (10) covers you will get 1 300 ISO (1k).
With my new system, after maxing out a champion (35 or 38 covers needed) you will earn 6580 (for 3 color variant) or 6280 (for 2 color variant)... plus rewards from champion levels (25 golds, 3 standart tokens and 1 heroic token).

I think 1* covers should serve as a way, how to push players forward, but now, its only insta-sell garbage not worth owning or leveling.
This system could help with it and 5000 bonus for gaining almost 40 covers is not that much considering the amount of ISO needed for leveling up 4* and 5* covers.
Share your feeling about this... i hope this post wont die icon_e_smile.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Why not just increase the iso cost for selling 1* covers? Much easier to implement, less roster slots needed, and less management hassle.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I say why not, though I'd max them at 94 the old 2 star max level.

Likewise raised 2 stars to 166 max champ.

I kinda would love to have a useable modern black widow on my roster again. Even IM35.
  • veny
    wirius wrote:
    Why not just increase the iso cost for selling 1* covers? Much easier to implement, less roster slots needed, and less management hassle.
    Its not only about ISO, its about additional rewards (HP, 2* covers, tokens), and about investment / reward.
    Increased ISO for selling is instant and too easy solution. Championing 1* cover requires time and slots so its not completely free.
  • veny
    So, since we cant buy common tokens anymore, i think this idea is more relevant.
    More 1* would mean more 2*s and heroic/elite tokens, that would give us more 3*s and 4*s... i think its way better thing than some Vintage token useless (for most of us) feature. And 1*s could be at least somehow useful... they are pain since the first 2*s newbie get so why to keep them useless?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Viewing 1-stars as anything more than tutorial characters is a waste of your time because that's how the developers utilize them. There has been exactly zero change at this level since launch other than the addition of Spider-Man and a nerf of Venom.
  • veny
    I do realize that 1*s are meant to be useless but as long as 1*s are most of our drops, i think they could be somehow useful.
    And after they introduced champion system where 3*s give 4*s and 2*s give 3* covers i think it would make sense if 1*s gave 2*s or at least heroic/elite tokens.

And dont forget 1*s were developed years ago when 1* was as weak compared to 3*s, as today 3*s compared to 5*s. Plus their main role was to fill most of common token drops - is this role valid after the removing of common token purchase option?