Things that would get me sold on VIP

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
The current offer is really easy for me to pass on: 10k ISO can be gotten in 2 days of just playing easily on DDQ, the LT tokens are not really helping due to their unreliability to get me my needed covers, and heroic tokens are quite useless if you're trying to make progression to 4* land. I won't even comment on health regen.

So, here's my ultimate list of things D3 could offer to get me hooked to VIP (even only one of those bullet points would probably get me insta-sold):
  • Get a specific LT vault where you can pick 4-5 characters that you get draws from, to be able to cover your specific elusive 4* (Teen Jean, looking at you...). The vault could reset once a month (20$ VIP: once a week)
  • Quicker gameplay animations, or even *gasp* the ability to turn off specific animations (Daken, Loki, Bullseye, Turn to Smoke - I'm looking at you)
  • A monthly "Ask Me Anything" with the developers to get their thoughts or get in touch with.
  • A monthly "Vote on Quality-of-Life-Improvements"-Poll, where the devs will address one of the most rated UI/UX issues
  • A monthly DDQ node for picking a specific 1-4* character where you get a cover from him if you win the fight.
  • A consumable token once a month that will give you 3x ISO for 48 hours (20$ VIP: 1 week)
  • For VIPs, PVE placement rewards will instead be converted to progression rewards.
  • VIPs get an optimized mobile UI where the enemy's AP is constantly visible
  • VIPs get a sandbox mode (a new tab just like story/pvp) where they can set up matches with any of their characters against the AI with ISO rewards. The higher the AI levels, the higher the rewards. You can perform 3 matches a day.

Comments

• djeternal
    djeternal Posts: 28
    supergarv wrote:
    The current offer is really easy for me to pass on: 10k ISO can be gotten in 2 days of just playing easily on DDQ, the LT tokens are not really helping due to their unreliability to get me my needed covers, and heroic tokens are quite useless if you're trying to make progression to 4* land. I won't even comment on health regen.

So, here's my ultimate list of things D3 could offer to get me hooked to VIP (even only one of those bullet points would probably get me insta-sold):
    • Get a specific LT vault where you can pick 4-5 characters that you get draws from, to be able to cover your specific elusive 4* (Teen Jean, looking at you...). The vault could reset once a month (20$ VIP: once a week)
    • Quicker gameplay animations, or even *gasp* the ability to turn off specific animations (Daken, Loki, Bullseye, Turn to Smoke - I'm looking at you)
    • A monthly "Ask Me Anything" with the developers to get their thoughts or get in touch with.
    • A monthly "Vote on Quality-of-Life-Improvements"-Poll, where the devs will address one of the most rated UI/UX issues
    • A monthly DDQ node for picking a specific 1-4* character where you get a cover from him if you win the fight.
    • A consumable token once a month that will give you 3x ISO for 48 hours (20$ VIP: 1 week)
    • For VIPs, PVE placement rewards will instead be converted to progression rewards.
    • VIPs get a sandbox mode (a new tab just like story/pvp) where they can set up matches with any of their characters against the AI with ISO rewards. The higher the AI levels, the higher the rewards. You can perform 3 matches a day.

LOL obviously VIP is not meant for a player like you. You'll still buy your stark salary every month or two. VIP is meant for those non-spenders to turn them into spenders. So for you:

Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream until your dreams come true
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most of the things you said are impossible and would create a big unbalance between VIPs and not VIPs (and this should never be the case).

Buuuuut, there are things I don't understand. Regeneration? This is useless after 2 land, Health packs is what everybody wants, and 1 or 2 more everyday would be enough, and it is not an advantage big enough to unbalance the game. Then getting just 700HP? Not even one roster position ????? And LTs should be 25 CPs.

A little bit more iso would be also nice (but not multipliers, iso flux needs to be fixed for EVERYBODY noy just for VIPs).

Those are very simple thins that would make the package much more rewarding.
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Love a lot of these, especially the extra iso and a sandbox mode.

Been wanting a custom game mode for a while, the prologue just doesn't cut it. The feature doesn't even need to give rewards, I just want to use my unbuffed roster against a specific level of opponent. I don't need to construct the exact team necessarily, but level ranges, opponent types (goons option), and star categories would be great.
  • supergarv
    Yeah, I'm not really being realistic on any of my wishes. Just saying those are the things I personally would pay for, and I guess a lot of people would. Maybe even some (ANIMATION SPEED, *cough*) could be considered for all players... icon_e_wink.gif
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    supergarv wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not really being realistic on any of my wishes. Just saying those are the things I personally would pay for, and I guess a lot of people would. Maybe even some (ANIMATION SPEED, *cough*) could be considered for all players... icon_e_wink.gif

I think that if animations were shorter or disabled that getting hit during a hop or climb would occur more often.
  • supergarv
    I think that if animations were shorter or disabled that getting hit during a hop or climb would occur more often.

Yes, but there are better way to limit this: Either matchmaking should block losing points if you get hit too many times during a specific interval, or by a cool-down after a battle. Having forced "slow" battles is not a good user experience.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some good ideas, but you're essentially asking then to build a whole new game or two from scratch. Even minor changes are heavy on developer resources.

I'd just be happy if VIP gave you double ISO.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was trying to think about why I didn't like VIP.

Primarily - it gives LT's....while they don't give 5* it's the only CHANCE with RNG to get 5*. So it's very much a "pay to win" mechanism...again. Whales will whale more, and have even more advantages than the little man.

Which is my problem with it - giving your ROSTER a direct bigger advantage over others. I don't mind the ISO/HP in it for a bit faster move up, I do mind the direct boosts.

Insted, why not give your PLAYSTYLE a bigger advantage? The heal accelerate is a good method for that. What about if you had 3-hour cool-down for all shields again? It would be a play/life-style advantage, folks would buy it just for that I think!
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    I'd be sold on VIP if it brought back the Thumbs Down button.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    So, uh, its STILL 10 dollars. Its a better deal then anything you can buy in the game with ten dollars as is. They're also trying to give a nice monthly boost while avoiding "pay to win". Its a difficult balance.
  • SnowcaTT
    Or imagine if you could have True Healing back? I'd possibly VIP for that, lets me keep up with the Only Character That Matters! Sort of.

Or if it could revert 3*'s to their better forms, so you could play classic Sentry or Rags or Magneto/Spidey? I mean, you still -wouldn't- since they have become irrelevant, but you could!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Most of the things you said are impossible and would create a big unbalance between VIPs and not VIPs (and this should never be the case)
    The alternative would be for them to ask us to spend money on things that are essentially useless... which is pretty much what they did, which is why no one seems too enthusiastic.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we're going about this all wrong. VIP isn't supposed to give you a huge improvement for people who play tons and make 20K-30K ISO, 2 Heroics, 2 LTs, 300 HP per day through regular play.

It's more for people just starting out who see all this stuff as super cool (or for old people like me who have some google survey rewards and feel like supporting the game, since as **** as these rewards are, they're still better than the terrible rewards that $10 normally gets you).

But I don't think they'll give lots of actually useful stuff with VIP.

Although I am hopeful they give us actually useful stuff at some point, outside of VIP.

Also let's add VOIP to the list of VIP demands, just because icon_lol.gif
  • supergarv
    The OP was being sarcastic .... right?

I didn't want to focus on VIP being gating for non-VIPs, but paying for development and innovation. I WANT to spend money on the game, but on things that are useful. I'd definitely pay a subscription model if the UI/UX of the game wasn't from the past decade.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It's more for people just starting out
    People who are just starting out should be getting LTs?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm honestly totally good with VIP being as it is - it's a mild boost in resources for a fairly mild cost. If it was much better, it would penalize those who were not willing to put 10$ a month into the game.

Speaking for myself, I'm willing to throw 10$ to 20$ every so often as a show of support, so the VIP mode seems like a good deal to me (get a bunch of things rather than just increase my HP stock, which is substantially less useful now.) I'm really, really reluctant to spend $10 a month on this game and if it made the incentive good enough that I felt I needed to in order to be competitive, I would definitely resent it.

This seems pretty balanced to me. Increasing your Iso, CP, and HP flow a bit and giving you a few tokens, including the LTs you may need to bring up your roster.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It's more for people just starting out
    People who are just starting out should be getting LTs?

Noobs get LTs anyway, just champion your 2*s, and you'll get enough CP to purchase LTs every now and then. So instead of getting 1-2 LTs per month, noobs will now get 3-4 LTs per month. But yeah those high star covers won't be very useful for them. It's basically a waste.. maybe the extra 1000 ISO sounds awesome to them.
  • I probably won't go VIP unless Roster Slots are given. Shelling out 1000HP every two weeks for a new character I don't want but know I'll have to have is burning me out, and I'm down to two champed 2*s. I don't have any slots to cannibalize.
  • SnowcaTT
    I was thinking this morning about how VIP could be -SUPER- evil. What if rewards continue to accumulate, based on how many VIP days you've had?

Day 29: 2K ISO (double-ish rewards for 2nd VIP entry)
    5th VIP run: tons of CP, tons of ISO, tons of joy
    10th VIP run: LT's every day.

I mean...they should announce it now to get folks to start paying in as soon as they can, but it's a way to try to get a larger portion of their userbase to pay $100/year.
  • ninja-monkey-91
    ninja-monkey-91 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    supergarv wrote:
    For VIPs, PVE placement rewards will instead be converted to progression rewards.

This shouldn't be a VIP feature as it fractures the player base. That being said this is absolutely something that should be done. We shouldn't have to compete against each other in a Player vs ENVIRONMENT mode, that's what PvP is for.
    supergarv wrote:
    A consumable token once a month that will give you 3x ISO for 48 hours (20$ VIP: 1 week)

Don't necessarily disagree with this one but I think the entire ISO output of the game should be rethought first. Again this is something that's been discussed liberally on the forums but it doesn't change the fact that it needs to be done. Up the amount given out from nodes and completely change the amount of ISO gained from purchases. £80 for 78k ISO is appalling!
    supergarv wrote:

The problem here is that these requests ARE QoL improvements (maybe not turning off animations but there are certainly some that can be improved) and shouldn't be premium paid for requests.
    The community should be able to engage more with the devs and have assurances that things are being looked at and addressed. The performance of the game (at least on Android) has dramatically dropped in recent months and more than anything this needs to be addressed. Rather than launching new characters constantly or introducing lukewarm new features maybe take some time to stabilize the game again first.

I want and am happy to spend some money on this game and support the devs but when I'm watching the quality diminish before my eyes I find it hard to justify.