[merged topics] No matches available? [R103 bug]

BlackSheep101
BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
Been staring at this board for several minutes. Can anyone find any available matches? The suggested match is the red tile plus two TU tiles in the top right corner.

The board wound up this way after using a 3pun green team up.

https://imgur.com/plHNOm0

Moderator edit: Merging multiple threads on this issue into this one. -DayvBang

Comments

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    So I'm doing a match where the "hint" move doesn't work. I actually found a move in the lower left, and the hint move tells me to move a black tile to match with 2x Red tiles?

So from the top left corner, 3 down, 3 right, it goes Red, Red, Green. Above the Green is a black tile, but it is telling me that it's a match to the reds.

The move that works is in the bottom left. The column goes Black, blue, black, crit. I moved the black and then the board shuffled with no more moves.

Anyhow, is the code screwed up in this area? This area is where the hero pictures overlap the map a little bit.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    broken_board.png

Is it just me, or are there SO many bugs in this game right now???
  • BlackSheep101
    OJSP wrote:
    Answering your conundrum: no, I couldn't find any matches, either... bad luck.. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    Thanks for confirming. I'll submit a ticket.
  • I had the same issue on Android. Had to quit the fight since there were no available options to match.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    This happens with the new patch; when the board is reshuffled to find new matches, the "old" recommended match still highlights, so it's probably not going to be valid. You should be able to find a match somewhere on the board (unless they changed their safe reshuffle code which I doubt).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    It should be noted that multiple people have hit boards with no match and the board is stuck, forcing a retreat. I have seen 3-4 posts so far. I have seen the old hint stuck myself, but luckily there is another match I can find (so far).
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Just happened to me too, after using Thor's red ability. For reference, the blue tile at (4,4) was converted into a yellow tile so that the suggested match no longer works.
    GOcRqBRl.jpg
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Just happened to me too, after using Thor's red ability. For reference, the blue tile at (4,4) was converted into a yellow tile so that the suggested match no longer works.
    GOcRqBRl.jpg
  • lomgamer
    lomgamer Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    same for me, what should i do?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    lomgamer wrote:
    same for me, what should i do?
    In the short term, there's not much you can do. If no matches are available, see if you have any skills available to use, especially ones that will do one of these things:
    • finish the fight
    • end your turn
    • alter the board again, possibly giving you a match

If none of those are an option, there's nothing left but to retreat.
  • booster66
    booster66 Posts: 1
    IMG_4238.PNG

I'm getting the hint suggestion to match two colors and a team up tile and I can't. There are no other matches and I'm just stuck since the board won't reshuffle. My only option is to back out. This has happened to me twice now. I've played daily for nearly two years and never been forced to quit a game due to a bug or flaw before.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Are all of these instances happening after a power overwrites a tile?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are all of these instances happening after a power overwrites a tile?
    Seems like they can also be induced by powers that destroy tiles, if the new tiles fall in without any available matches remaining.
  • BlackSheep101
    At least one person claims their board locked up after a simple match caused s cascade.

This type of thing is inexcusable in a match 3 game.
  • PresidentDuck
    PresidentDuck Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Can confirm this happened to me too, during a shield hop in pvp, no less.
  • Web Puma
    Web Puma Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Nooooo! This sucks icon_e_sad.gif
    I'm looking at my board with no available moves in the middle of a big battle...and the "hint" moves obviously don't match. Not happy!

I demand some sort of compensation. I have a screen shot to prove it. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
  • BlackSheep101
    If you want compensation, you'll need to open a support ticket. Be sure to tell them you want something, though. I opened a ticket for my case just to make sure the developers were notified. They asked for a bit more information and then closed the ticket saying they would inform the dev team. Report back on what happens. icon_e_smile.gif
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I've had this happen as a result of 3* Daken's blue to green change. Had it happen at least one other time, but I can't recall which character made it happen. I'm on iOS and this never happened before the most recent update.

I think I'm going to start delaying updates until they find the bugs in them -seems like every time there's an update something else breaks.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    We are aware of reports of the gameboard not always reshuffling when no matches are available.

The developers are currently working on a fix. Due to the nature of the bug, the fix may need to be included in our next full patch (R104).
    If a correction can be hotfixed in sooner (via a Daily Patch) we will, of course, do that.

Thank you for your patience while we work on making the correction.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We are aware of reports of the gameboard not always reshuffling when no matches are available.

The developers are currently working on a fix. Due to the nature of the bug, the fix may need to be included in our next full patch (R104).
    If a correction can be hotfixed in sooner (via a Daily Patch) we will, of course, do that.

Thank you for your patience while we work on making the correction.

David, can you clarify that the fix will be included in R104 unless it can be patched earlier via a daily push? I'd hate to see this last past R104.