VIP Fail (aka Fooled me again)

TheBaku
TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I like this game. A lot. So i bought VIP... boy am i a stupid sucker.

Legendary token? Xforce yellow. One of exactly 8 4star cards I cannot use.

I have exactly 8 4star cards at max level... 8, out of the possible 120(ish)...

So how is this "fooled me again?" ... 3 of my last 4 legendary cards have been cards I cannot use. Do you know how frustrating it is to get a shiny purple card that is worth exactly 1000 iso?

I've been at this game a long time, 971 days to be exact. I should have known how this game goes... I should have known better than to buy in (again)...

Fooled me again. Damn it.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    At first, you feel angry and frustrated. But the more it happens, the less you care.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    At first, you feel angry and frustrated. But the more it happens, the less you care.

What a ringing endorsement, MPQ should use it in their advertising materials.

Where's the HP suck guy when I need him?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love that HP suck guy! Very funny.

On the plus side I got a 5* iron man blue...every cloud right?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love that HP suck guy! Very funny.

On the plus side I got a 5* iron man blue...every cloud right?

Lucky! I want that IM blue for my 2/0/2 so bad!
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Hoard.

The disappointment only happens when you open the tokens.

• Mercalla
    Mercalla Posts: 94
    Hoard.

That's my plan, once I get a legendary draw character to 5 covers. Than it's hoarding time.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Hoard.

This.

The rng is streaky as hell. Open your stash to coincide with your next streak. We all have them, eventually icon_e_smile.gif
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Just finished posting in the "worst moment thread" then saw your thread. I only have three 4* characters that have one of their three colors at five colors so of course my legendery token gave me one of those three. Try to show your support for the game and you get a kick in the junk for it.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    You got exactly what was promised to you, a LT, and you already knew the stats going in.
    It's an LT fail, not a VIP fail.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    The animation delivering the LT freaked me out initially. I was all, "What? They make you open it right away??" before I realized it was "opening" a reward that would turn out to be a LT.
  • mpqr7
    Ha! That opening caused me a bit of confusion as well. I am so starved for anything new with this game that I ate it up!!! It was like running through a fun-house.. cool but only lasted a few seconds.
  • darkestcurse
    darkestcurse Posts: 54 Match Maker
    The RNG gods have hated me quite a bit in this game, but they've been making it up to me ever since Civil War event. The VIP token was 5 star.png IM blueflag.png. RNG is either with you or it's not... but boy does it come and go in waves.
  • mpqr7
    Just looked up the HP Suck Guy. Very funny stuff! I think I saw some of those posts on facebook.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I had no idea what you guys were talking about until I googled it. Looks like he stopped right around when I started playing. Good to know the same things people complain about know are what they were complaining about a year ago.

http://daveomite.tumblr.com/ <---- HP Suck Guy
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    You weren't fooled. You were promised an LT token and you got an LT token. It's foolish to get mad about this. That's like getting mad that you bought a lotto ticket that wasn't a winner...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please use the existing thread for issues like this (link below). Locking thread.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30058&start=780
This discussion has been closed.