Known Issue: VIP iOS Purchase Errors

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
(06/20/16 - 10:35 AM PST)

Hi everyone,

We are aware that iOS users are receiving error messages when attempting to sign-up for VIP. We are working to correct this as quickly as possible. Please hang in there as we get this sorted out - and thank you for your interest in the new mode!

Comments

• jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Version R103: VIP!

Version
    Implemented
    Poorly
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, IOS users, I just bought VIP on my Android, and I gotta say, you're not missing much icon_lol.gif

I really hope that one of the exciting new features coming soon includes new types of content, other than just new character releases or additional requests for our money. Or even more of the non-timed, true pves and boss battles that we've already enjoyed, just more often than a few times per year.
  • BobMurdoch
    BobMurdoch Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Have any ios users gotten it to go through, or is it a 100% failure rate? How does this not get tested beforehand?
  • Prafanelli
    Prafanelli Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I dont even have the option to purchase it in my game
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    BobMurdoch wrote:
    Have any ios users gotten it to go through, or is it a 100% failure rate? How does this not get tested beforehand?
    For me, it's more like it never even tries to go through... I get the message immediately. It isn't like it's contacting the Apple Store and failing.
  • Some android users are even on their second day already even though they joined after people that still have 20hrs left until they receive their second reward.

All while us Apple users are twiddling our thumbs.
  • BobMurdoch
    BobMurdoch Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Hey David from d3,

Any word on what the trouble is and an expected fix time/date? The error is instant and is like it doesn't even try and contact the App Store to check payment. It dumps out too fast...

B.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    As I mentioned in another thread it is not just iOS. I am having same problem on my android phone when using the Amazon App Store.
  • Ramble2
    Ramble2 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    On the one hand I'm thinking, "eh, stuff happens. It'll be worked out tomorrow."

On the other hand I'm thinking, "boy, I'm playing the final sub grind of this new character release event and now I'm at a real disadvantage to Android users who can heal 25% faster. That REALLY sucks."

I think the latter hand is winning the tug-of-war.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even boosted, characters take longer to regenerate than an end of sub grind.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    BobMurdoch wrote:
    Any word on what the trouble is and an expected fix time/date? The error is instant and is like it doesn't even try and contact the App Store to check payment. It dumps out too fast...
    Yeah, it feels to me like a problem in the client.
  • Still have not been given the option for vip on Android.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_lol.gif

Perfect.
  • insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Im on droid. No option for vip whatsoever.
    just updated.....
    still no vip

smashing the life out of it
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Still have not been given the option for vip on Android.
    Go to play store and then my apps and choose the MPQ update.

Edit: oic it has disappeared for those that didn't buy when it first came out. They must have had to pull it to tweak it.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    iOS, no option after update. Take my money???
  • mikelnoe wrote:
    Still have not been given the option for vip on Android.
    Go to play store and then my apps and choose the MPQ update.

Edit: oic it has disappeared for those that didn't buy when it first came out. They must have had to pull it to tweak it.

Already did that. Nothing.
  • Devinsdsm
    Devinsdsm Posts: 7
    I'm on Android, updated to 103. No button. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GenPhnixFury
    GenPhnixFury Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Devinsdsm wrote:
    I'm on Android, updated to 103. No button. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Same here
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    tried to update says installing on android and lg g2 5 min later still installing I just closed it well off to sleep or try another game
This discussion has been closed.