Multiple Flame Jet tiles?

EDL666
EDL666 Posts: 73
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm not an expert, but unless you rake in greentile.png very fast, you don't need 2 Flame Jet tiles, you lose out on major dmg output because you can't stack enough greentile.png for it to have any meaningful impact.

Now, this would require more balancing because every mission where the AI uses it would be more difficult, but can I suggest that the AI stops using Flame jet when it already has a Flame jet tile and 5-6 greentile.png? It either depletes its greentile.png or leaves it with just 1 greentile.png therefore making the whole "second Flame jet tile" irrelevant and possibly neutering the first one in the process. The AI willingly does less damage, that's what's happening every time. This almost looks like a bug because of how silly it is.

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    There's definitely a place for multiple jets. Each only drops your pool by 1, and their damage maxes out at 10. If you have enough to generate a second tile and still keep your pool over 10, it multiplies an already-impressive damage output. If you happen to have a green generator, you can build that pool quickly and down an enemy every other turn.

If you don't have anyone to generate green and/or have a bad board, firing it before you have 10 is pointless.

You can consider the AI's idiocy on powers to be a boon. It will fire off a jet as soon as it has the AP, so it's never a serious threat. That also means that Torch is typically a bad character for PvP defense, particularly if your win strategy depends on a strong green. I can't think of a single time I've seen Torch as an opponent in PvP (outside being the feature), probably for this reason. Without active control, he's horrible.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Asking to make Torch AI harder seems sillier...
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    The AI definitely needs 2 flame jets out, because at least one of them is getting matched away by the AI itself.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you have some beefy strikes, you don't care how much ap you have, only that you have at least 1 each tick. and if you can keep it from reaching zero, you want as many as you can muster.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flame Jet is nice in a survival node, along with Recharge. Burn, ninjas, burn!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    The AI definitely needs 2 flame jets out, because at least one of them is getting matched away by the AI itself.
    Hey, by matching flame jet #1 he will make flame jet #2 stronger! Logic!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40, Human Torch and Steve Rogers. Boost +2 Green/Black, +2 Red/Yellow and usually within 8-10 turns you can have 2 flame jets doing big damage and shields flying everywhere.
  • EDL666
    EDL666 Posts: 73
    C'mon guys, I already said that unless you had a lot of greentile.png you didn't want more than one, no need to repeat. Also, I'm not necessarily asking that the AI be more efficient, but maybe not reduce its own damage output willingly? Like using Flame jet when it already has one Flame jet tile but not enough greentile.png that it would just neuter itself if it uses the ability again... That's not dumb, it's just not fun
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    The AI plays like me when I'm drunk.

I like that.