Championing Mr Fantastic - thoughts?

Options
Melevorn
Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
edited June 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I find myself strangely tempted to champion Mr Fantastic. I figure that his main purpose is to tank, and if I champion him as my last 4* then he'll be lower level than anybody I might want him to tank for.

Instead, I could champion him before Venom, Carnage and my other mid-tier 4*'s - making him an effective tank for them.

By way of background, I already have a championed HB, JG, Ice, Rulk, XDP, XFW, KP, Quake, 4Pun, Nova, X-23, 4Cyke and Thing.

Has anyone got a championed Mr F and would you care to please comment on whether he's worth the iso8.png at all?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm definitely planning to champion Mr Fantastic eventually, I Think he's pretty fun to play. However, I already have 21 champion fourstars and I plan to champion them all sooner or later (well... maybe not Cho...).
    Bottom line though, I see no harm in doing so if you enjoy playing him. You have a good fourstar roster already, so you can afford to have a novelty character maxed too.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm definitely planning to champion Mr Fantastic eventually, I Think he's pretty fun to play. However, I already have 21 champion fourstars and I plan to champion them all sooner or later (well... maybe not Cho...).
    Bottom line though, I see no harm in doing so if you enjoy playing him. You have a good fourstar roster already, so you can afford to have a novelty character maxed too.
    The real take-away here is that there are at least TWENTY ONE other 4*s that you should champion before Mr. F.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    The real take-away here is that there are at least TWENTY ONE other 4*s that you should champion before Mr. F.
    Well, that depending on your preferences. You should focus on the top characters first, obviously, but for me it has mostly been a matter of what covers I have in the queue when I have the ISO. I'd probably use Reed more than his wife, and probably more than Sam Wilson too, but I happened to have an ISO reserve when I got their covers...
    Bottom line, the OP has a good fourstar roster already - I'm actually a little jealous since I don't have the covers to max Quake or P-max yet. His performance won't suffer from a maxed Mr Fantastic.