A better VIP?

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
OK for a second put down the flamethrower... is it down? OK

I don't mind the VIP feature.

It does need work however. Here's my suggested changes:

1. Instead of 10k iso handed out, why not double all the in game iso for the length of time VIP is active. That way people will play more.

2. Get rid of heroic tokens - they don't help many (personally I hate them) instead create a new token...the VIP token. This token is ONLY given out during your VIP membership and guarantees 3* min with a low chance of 5*.

Two changes which I believe will increase the amount of VIP's and also increase player engagement whilst also providing two things which the community has been asking for.

Sound good?

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    OK for a second put down the flamethrower... is it down? OK

I don't mind the VIP feature.

It does need work however. Here's my suggested changes:

1. Instead of 10k iso handed out, why not double all the in game iso for the length of time VIP is active. That way people will play more.

2. Get rid of heroic tokens - they don't help many (personally I hate them) instead create a new token...the VIP token. This token is ONLY given out during your VIP membership and guarantees 3* min with a low chance of 5*.

Two changes which I believe will increase the amount of VIP's and also increase player engagement whilst also providing two things which the community has been asking for.

Sound good?
    I would say right now VIP is a bundle package and as a bundle it is fine the way it is. For $10 you get more in the bundle then if you spent $10 you would not get close to he same value.

VIP should be bout extra events to win prizes.
    #1 weekend LR anniversary style 20 people max solid prizes.
    #2 4* PVP events giving out 4* prizes
    #3 weekly mini boss battles like growth industry or a personal Ultron battle.
    #4 double ISO events

The VIP should also be awarded on a one time $10 purchase and the daily VIP rewards should be renamed into VIP bundle package and you can buy the resources every 28 days, but VIP status and access is forever. VIP should be about access not just rewards.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    The thing is, so many ideas/suggestions have been thrown around pertaining to the VIP since the initial survey. This is clearly the route they've decided to take. The only thing we can do is vote with our wallets.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Making VIP give out practical upgrades to the user experience would signal my instant disengagement from this game.

It would amount to the devs demonstrating that they know what good game design is but are holding it hostage against its playerbase.

It's one thing to offer progression for money. I don't like it, I think it's an insult to players, but I live with it on the basis that some people prefer it, and games deserve to be designed for those people - as long as it doesn't mean they sacrifice the quality of the game for people who don't like that model.

The instant they start holding features behind paywalls, the game becomes P2P instead of P2W. And I'll be done with it.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    If it's a success, I imagine there will be better packages on offer. I wonder if they have a VIW package for $100 planned?

Maybe a VIKD package for $1000 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

No. NO. Absolutely not. We've been saying for ages that the ISO flow is an ISO trickle. The solution CANNOT BE "Pay us a subscription or suffer".

Sound good?

VIP token doesn't sound like a bad idea. As you say, heroics are kinda useless now, a throwback to the old 3* meta the devs still seem to think exists. Really they should have created a 3* guarantee token by now anyway...

Thing is, I don't want possitive changed to be gated behind a paywall. All that does is create a true pay-to-win style feel to the game. Player A is able to level up faster than Player B simply by virtue of spending money on a subscription.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Honestly of the things in the VIP it's two legendaries that I don't like. I would much prefer the package have 30 CP (3 10 CP increments) and the bonus legendary for subscribing. The current value in CP is 59. My proposed would be 55 (4 less, but more flexibility).

The ISO and the HP -- while not enticing -- all have to be balanced within the rest of the game. So I understand why they tightly controlled. Even if I would want more.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stony wrote:
    The thing is, so many ideas/suggestions have been thrown around pertaining to the VIP since the initial survey. This is clearly the route they've decided to take. The only thing we can do is vote with our wallets.

Yep, but I do like the idea of 3/4/5 only token.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Double my ISO production and give me tokens guarantee NOT to drop a star.pngstar.png ? I would pay $10 a month for that all day. The current package? No chance.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Problem is that the current package is already way too good for beginning players (and rather **** for veterans). Until they don't go the obvious way of adjusting VIP status according to level, there's no use tweaking it.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Making VIP give out practical upgrades to the user experience would signal my instant disengagement from this game.

It would amount to the devs demonstrating that they know what good game design is but are holding it hostage against its playerbase.

I had never even considered this, but you are correct. I'm now going to celebrate the mediocrity of the VIP offering. I'm not going to buy into it, but three cheers for the VIP system just the way it is!